Dancehall Compilations

Tor

OK so I went to a club with a buddy of mine last night and they were playing this kick @$$ music, he told me it was dancehall.

It was like BIG bad @$$ beats, bowel churning bass, syncopated toppy snares, everything off beat (not where you're average hip hop head could bob to) and growly rasta style vocals on top, i was in heaven!

Now i;ve heard sean paul is the guy to check out for this stuff, but i was wondering if anyone knew of any good compilations of this style that has heaps of artists on.

Any help appreciated, i think i might be a new fan

~Tor

If u were in the NYC area you could find bootleggers anywhere selling all the dancehall you wanted but blaa...you could get a listin and if you search around P2P services for artists and riddims that you know or are exposed to then you will have a great time....They do sell compilations on the ney but most of the time it is not exaclty the best or newest just the most pop

Last edited:
There are alot of compilation CD's out there its really all a matter if you like.

I mean if you want a CD with one riddim all the way through your best bet would be to go and check out:
-Riddim Driven
or
-Greensleeves Rythem albums

If you just want Compilations you have alot to choose from like:
-Reggae Gold
-Sampler
-Strickly the Best
-Ragga Ragga Ragga

But to be honest it's not everyday you find a CD with non stop wicked tracks so I would also recommend making your own CD's if possible. That way you know every song will be amazing.

:monkey:

Last edited by a moderator:
True about making your own cd's , I never got any of those big company comiplations because they are not the best alll the time such as Reggae Gold 2003 having Shaggy's Hey Sexy Lady under the original riddim instead of the Remix which was a much harder dancehall beat that the technoish original. Me I make myself a new Mp3 cd every month to keep myself on track and that way I have all my songs on a diffrent folder according to riddim or artist and then I just play whatevr I want to hear on my discman at anytime.Your own mix will be harder because you'll get rid of crap that made itself pop in the states and add your own good $**** that never made it.

The main compilations like spragga said are normally the best start....but i prefer cd's from sounds like code red, supa hype, black chiney, dj karim, nico bam bam, chiney assasin. etc etc

you may not be able to find it, but...
i suggest "Inna Dancehall Stylee" by Shortkut of the Invisible Scratch Picklez. it's absolutely wicked and it covers a broad scope of dancehall, like 1992-2001(it's a couple of years old), plus it's mixed hella tight, like only a Scratch Pickle can do.

Back