dance/trance featuring Access Virus B - gimme comments

-for trance songs, it has gotten to the point where all the synth rythms are played out, as well as the pulsing bassline. Now it is just a matter of picking 4 or more chords to cycle through that don't sound annoying. 'Hooks not required'

-the part I like (somewhat unique) about this track is the slide, except that it is only used in the break/build. I think you should expand on it, and turn it into part of the overall melody, rather than the just the chord cycle(phrase?).

-the high synth sounds like every other trance song from mp3.com. Unless you are going for that, so that you can label your song "trance" I would suggest using a different waveform (synth sound, not sure if I have the terms right), or maybe using the same pattern (melody) and cycling through waveforms. Damn, I just gave myself a good idea. . . .later.

thanx for reply and ideas, i admit the track <missing the summer> (which as a matter of fact is the only full length track on my website) is more dance *commerce* stuff, so maybe I shouldnt call it "trance" at all. As you say, the "slide" part or "bridge" (whatever) gives it some more trancelike feeling .. its good idea to maybe use this part and build a more overall *trance* track .. ive never thought of that.
anyway .. its just for fun, and getting comments helps me alot. For the moment im working on a hardhouse track, so visit my website l8r.. anyway I'll post some lines here when more music is uploaded (have alot of stuff to be finished)

l8r

Back