Daft Punks Guitar

Everythiing

Hey guys,

I really like the style of Daft Punks guitar.I am talking for example,or especially about the guitar on "Lose yourself to Dance".
First of all what genre is that and can I "learn" to play like that?I am not only talking about the sound but also about the riff.

And do you know how they make their guitar sound like that? I just fell in love with that right away

That's pretty much the signature "disco guitar" style of legendary Chic guitarist Nile Rodgers, whose playing is all over that record. There are tons of articles and tutorials on how to sound and play like that - just google for "nile rodgers guitar sound" or something like that. But basically the starting point is a super-clean Strat sound, with some compression, apparently often played straight to the desk via a DI.

Of course Random Access Memories is one of the most expensively produced albums in recent memory, so getting to that exact quality might just prove to be a bit elusive (but that guitar sound is by no means unattainable, just pointing out that this really is a multi-million-dollar studio recording).

Back