Cubase speeds up my audio files

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubbleup

When i load an audio file into cubase, it automatically speeds up the file a few extra bpm. I had a few tracks recorded using multiple vsti's. Well it was taking up too much memory with my computer so i recorded each track into a wav file to put in a new cubase project to gain more memory. Well when i loaded it into a new project it, for some reason, sped up every file. Has anyone heard of this before?

mmhh... sounds like a sample rate issue. For instance, either your recorded VSTs to .wav are at 48K and Cubase is set to 44.1K or vice-versa. Check the properties of Cubase and the wave files to see whether they're at the same sample rate.

What's weird is that Cubase, normally, warns you when you're loading/ importing an audio file whose sample rate doesn't match; then it converts it accordingly for you before loading.

But my guess would be that this is a sample rate issue.

Peace

Ahh, that is it man
the wav's were at 44.1 and cubase was set at 48
The warning probably does not pop up because when i start a new project another warning pops up saying..

'Samplerate could not be set. This may be due to the sample clock being set to external sync.'

I've checked the device manager and it's set to internal. Do you know how to fix this?

Cubase Speeds up my audio files

To be honest, I don't how to fix that message. Like you, I get that same message as well but it has not affected Cubase's functionality for me; however, I do get the sample rate pop up message, when importing a non-matching file. Sorry I can't be of further help.

Peace

On the transport bar, underneath the tempo, click the bit that says sync to change sync source. If you want more options go to the Transport menu at the top and click Sync Setup.

But I think this can be quick-fixed if you just change Project Settings (Project > Project Setup) back to 44.1khz.

It's simple, if you have a wave file, usually cubase starts off at 120.00. Now let's say I made a beat in Fruity Loops at 88 BPM, when I load a wav. file up in cubase I have to change the tempo back to the original one which is 88 BPM. You're welcome

necro post that does not add to the discussion, particularly a the version is likely to be 3 or 4 (2nd time around)

closing this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back