Cubase Song Crackling after Audio Mixdown...

InfiniteX

After completing a song in Cubase, I export the song under File>Export>Audio Mixdown. But when I play the song in any media device I hear intense crackling in the background. I tried to solve this issue by turning down the volume on all the sample/tracks used in the song but I'm still getting the same problem. do I have to do something special in the Master volume to get the desired result or is it something else? I don't want to lose sound quality in order to stop the crackling. Please Help!!!

I know on my old computer..using FL studio sometimes when I had a lot of plugins and effects running my processor or buffer one of the two would get really bogged down and crack and pop a lot.

those are optimal settings i believe.dithering, is white noise adder if thats what's happening to your songs.

64 point sync is lower than 128 but should still sound the same.
now if you mean clipping, that is a whole different matter.below 0 db on the masterchannel ALWAYS, -6db will be enough.

You have to also explain what's happening, is the meter red?Does the song lag while you play it?is the song an advanced multi-plugin piece with considerably heavy vsts that is 5+ minutes long?Do you use asio4all or asiofull duplex?i had your issue when duplex or primary driver was the selection.

Last edited:
those are optimal settings i believe.dithering, is white noise adder if thats what's happening to your songs.

64 point sync is lower than 128 but should still sound the same.
now if you mean clipping, that is a whole different matter.below 0 db on the masterchannel ALWAYS, -6db will be enough.

You have to also explain what's happening, is the meter red?Does the song lag while you play it?is the song an advanced multi-plugin piece with considerably heavy vsts that is 5+ minutes long?Do you use asio4all or asiofull duplex?i had your issue when duplex or primary driver was the selection.

ok so im not sure where to find the 64 point sync (yes im a noob) but im pretty sure its lower than 128. yes im pretty sure i meant clipping because you can only hear it after the mixdown is complete and the song is played on a regular media device (i.e. winamp, windows media player, etc). Ive seen the meter go red a few times but not at the extent of clipping as it sounds at the final mix. im using "Asio directx full duplex driver."

let's back up a little bit please,

auido example will help but which version of cubase?

note that you export to wav mostly and this should be either at

16bit 44.1kHz with dither active (use the UV22 dither option) or

24 bit and one of 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 96kHz, 192kHz with no dither

dither is used for smoothing at lower sample rates

as far as these numbers being converted to bitrates a stereo 16bit 44.1kHz is roughly 1440kbps and the others are even higher

I will continue to single out the duplex driver selection because i had issues with that one as well, i would suggest asio4all or an external soundcard.however mine started acting up with duplex on if i had reason and fl studio open at the same time.maybe while you made your song you had something else going on in the backround?

I will continue to single out the duplex driver selection because i had issues with that one as well, i would suggest asio4all or an external soundcard.however mine started acting up with duplex on if i had reason and fl studio open at the same time.maybe while you made your song you had something else going on in the backround?

it will have absolutely nothing to do with with the audio drivers as rendering to a file does not involve them - you are writing to disk and therefore are not converting digital information to audio and vice versa, but simply writing digital information to a digital storage area

secondly cubase behaves differently to fl, so please stop trying to decipher this in terms of how fl behaves

Have you tried to solo each channel to find out if non of the sounds are making that crack sound? I don't think it's a software issue. Try to export in wav format instead of mp3 and compare the results.

Back