Creating automation clips in FL Studio?

dizkojockey

How do you guys accurately create your automation clips in FL Studio? I'm working on a project at the moment and am wanting to bring in the bassline gradually by automating the bandwidth and frequency on the Parametric EQ 2. Basically, I'm aiming for that effect where the bassline starts off high pitched then gets lower and lower until it's at full punch (a bit like starting with zero bass then turning it up to the desired amount). I'm automating the bandwidth to give the transition more emphasis, so this starts high also and gradually comes down. My issue is setting the range, though. I can adjust the values directly to how I want them but am finding it a challenge to translate this to an automation clip because I don't want to be using the whole range of the frequency and bandwidth parameters. Is there a way to accurately do this? The channel settings for automation clips have min and max settings but these seem to be represented in percentages, which Parametric EQ 2 is not. Hope this all makes sense. I'm sure there's a simple solution to this I'm just not sure what it is yet.

Cheers guys.

Surely FL studio let's you simply record enable the track so you can record yourself pulling on the knobs/faders in the plugin.

There are a couple different ways to skin this cat.

But first, regarding the percentages vs no percentages thing:

This is something I've ran into as well but there is a remedy. Although it might not say what a particular percentage is at first glance, you can find any percentage in fl studio by right clicking the desired knob/fader and clicking "copy". Then if u right click again on a knob/fader, the corresponding percentage you just copied will be shown next to where it says "paste" (in parentheses).

To achieve the automation you're talking about, I'd highlight, in the playlist, whatever bars you want the effect applied to. Then go to your parametric eq, right click the bandwidth knob, and select "create automation clip". That'll create an automation clip across the area you have just highlighted in the playlist.

Then i'd use the above method of determining percentages and paste the beginning and end percentages right into the automation clip in the playlist

Alternatively, create a new pattern, click "record", and manually do the effect yourself as the song plays. Then turn off the recording and you can tweak it from there.

Hope that helps!

-Fellow Fl Studio User

Back