Creamware Pulsar v2.01 and scope/SP

D

-DigitalDreams-

Have they managed to get rid of the Cubase prob on the Pulsar with v2.01? and can someone give me a tad more info on the scope/sp? Since creamware manages to make it sound like heaven.

Actually. I have a Pulsar II with OS 2.01 here

The Cubase VST bug, the one you mean (either VST or Pulsar that crashes when the other is closed) does not happen to everyone. In fact I've never have it.

I had MANY problems on the review PC here because it has a VIA chipset motherboard, which is not very compatible with the Pulsar II due to the "PCI latency timer" that is 0 instead of 128.

Other than that, it worked very well with Cubase VST/32 5. I am able to route ASIO and any signal thru the Pulsar OS and Cubase etc..

The full review will be published soon, and I'll narrow all the litle bugs, good and bad things ..etc..

Scope/SP seems to be very good (even for 4500 USD). I haven't had the chance to review it yet though.

Brilliant, thanks a lot for that:) I heard it doesn't happen to everyone but the idea of spending a fortune and having an annoying little bug will drive me insane... think it would drive anyone insane:( and if it happened on the scope I'd seriously be hospitalised!
The price of the scope is quiet high, but it's one of those things that you'll use for years.

[Edited by -DigitalDreams- on 11-01-2000 at 09:37 AM]

Well the Pulsar II is 1300 USD and the Scope Studio package is 4500 USD

Chriss: well as I said, a full review will be published soon., It is a full environment, not just a synth, so its different, very different.

I know a guy who sold all hig equipment after he got a Pulsar (and it was the first version even). He found the synths on the Pulsar more versatile than his Nord Modular, and the STS4000 sampler better than his AKAI S3000.

It's like a mini recording studio, with zero latency ASIO, unlimited signal routing, multiple virtual midi ports, and audio channels.

But hey... some people don't like Pulsar too much, its a matter of taste I think. Stay tuned for the review.

ManoOne said:

But hey... some people don't like Pulsar too much, its a matter of taste I think. Stay tuned for the review.

Well, it seems I have all the time in the world to wait according to my wallet. :D

Back