connecting a turntable to a mpc 2000xl

you need to connect something so the mpc can send the sounds out, for example a stereo receiver or a soundcard if youre using a computer.

choice1 said:
you need to connect something so the mpc can send the sounds out, for example a stereo receiver or a soundcard if youre using a computer.

yeah i have speakers connected to the mpc if thats what your askin, 'im tryin to figure out where to put which cord and what spot cause i have sony speakers with a subwoofer and thats connected to the phones port of the mpc

A turntable doesn't need to be powered by a mixer. Maybe I misunderstood.

All you should need to do is figure out how the MPC can let you hear the inputs while it's recording. Input monitoring, something along the lines of that. Check the MPC manual for this.

if you're talking about an analog turntable (plays records) it needs to get AMPED (amplified) in order for sound to be heard...therefore you need to send your turntable to a home receiver (which amplifies) or a professional amp (guessing you don't have one)....send the out signal from your amp/receiver to your mpc and presto.....your turntable is amped and plugged into your mpc for recording/editing......

If it's the DN-S3500 (assuming it is) it's a digital mixer that plays cd's/mp3'd so it doesn't need a pono amp. But true otherwise, vynul decks usually need amplification.

Back