Complaints about the motif XS sounds. Your thought?

@Dj O why not just use the 2 boards together via midi?

I would but I don't know how to connect both into my digi design console. It seems that there is only room for one midi connection. So if I want to use the other keyboard I'd have to unplug the midi cables from console of the current keyboard and then connect from the other keyboard (midi) into the open midi connections. I know it would work with audio because it has a lot of audio inputs.

midi out from board 1 to midi in 1 on console midi out on console to keyboard 2 midi in midi thru on keyboard 2 to midi in on keyboard 1 slave keyboard 2 to keyboard 1 or if u want to totally control the board from the software slave both of them to your daw and download instrument defintions to change and save sounds right in the program

Who buys a workstation just for the stock sounds alone???? Like seriously. It has sampling and multi layering capabilities, use it to make your own sounds. Presets are just that, ...presets. Plus you could tweak them to your liking to get that dirty south sound if you want.

You're better off with software, it does most of the work for you anyway, and its a cheaper alternative. Most of the time, hardware are for those who are really dedicated to their craft, and don't mind spending for a standalone unit that focuses on a few aspects.

In my opinion, you should be more worried about your converters, signal chain, acoustics, and of course your mixing.

Last edited:
lots of people buy workstations for presets lol. listen to the radio most of that shit is just presets

Who buys a workstation just for the stock sounds alone???? Like seriously. It has sampling and multi layering capabilities, use it to make your own sounds. Presets are just that, ...presets. Plus you could tweak them to your liking to get that dirty south sound if you want.

You're better off with software, it does most of the work for you anyway, and its a cheaper alternative. Most of the time, hardware are for those who are really dedicated to their craft, and don't mind spending for a standalone unit that focuses on a few aspects.

In my opinion, you should be more worried about your converters, signal chain, acoustics, and of course your mixing.

First, lots of people buy keyboards and may not use the onboard sequencing, or sampling, I am one of them...workstation here.....still use a MPC and sequence on that half the time. Secondly, software is not always cheaper, it really depends. First off, if you BUY a legit copy of Komplete, or something similar, you are sitting at $500 or so invested not to include the fact that you need a computer with powerful enough specs to run it.

Back