CL Smooth "Anything for You" featuring Kier

I wanted to share this as a fan of both Pete and CL and I've always liked CL's style.
As a woman I've dug what he had to say about and to "us" since

For sure. Lol I guess Drake, Kendrick, and J-Cole have kinda taken up that mantle.
I'd like to think I'm a strictly "hardcore rap & Mary J Blige records" type of dude, however these CL type joints always creep into my rotation lol!

Um, not sure what to think about this.
Ol school Cl fan and I know he do joints for the ladies, but this just felt more pop like (it might be the vid?).

Um, not sure what to think about this.
Ol school Cl fan and I know he do joints for the ladies, but this just felt more pop like (it might be the vid?).

Yeah, I knew what you mean. I grew up listening to my pops collection of hip hop and CL Smooth was definitely in there. I love his flow. I bought his American Me album years ago and was disappointed at the subject matter. Every song revolved around him being the man kinda like the theme from Lloyd banks single" I'm so Fly". I think he was influenced by Jay Z's American Gangster. All the bragging, and materialistic references were disappointing. The flow was still on point though. One of my favorite rappers AZ is on that bragging materialistic shyt. I just wasn't expecting it from the guy who made T.R.O.Y. Alll the rapper references in this post made me feel like I was Game(lol) for a minute.

Last edited:
Back