the sample is siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick
called "going in circles - friends of distinction"

check oddisee's album "oddisee 101 - Book of Days"
same sample but flipped completely different
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Detral "Doc Jam" Treadwell

illaThanI? said:
check wikipedia, says produced by Detral Doc Jam Treadwell

Yeah..I made that Crime Mob Circles junt. I go by the name of Doc Jam..Preciate the propers from everybody..

Doc Jam did you use the Friends of Distinction version or The Gap Band version.

Sounds like The Gap Bands' version of Going In Circles was used.

biggrome said:
Doc Jam did you use the Friends of Distinction version or The Gap Band version.

Sounds like The Gap Bands' version of Going In Circles was used.

I used the version by Friends of Distinction..

This version is the best in my opinion. Every version of this song is good though....My 2nd favorite is the version by Isaac Hayes. I want to sample his version of the song just for the hell of it.

Styl said:
Damn, I posted up about this about a year ago with my version of that sample flip. I remember you hit that thread up too Detral. You have any new projects you're working on?

What's good Styl?! Yeah, I remember that thread.

As for me, when most people ask about "new projects", I assume they are talking about major label releases...So I have to say, no, I'm not working on any new major label projects...I'm not really a fan of the major music scene right now...(*though I am a fan of the money:cool: ...helps me buy new VST's and other sh*t I probably don't need)

But right now, I'd much rather work with the ground breaking independent artists who fuse artistic expression with a sense purpose and dignity. I don't have too many artists like that in my "circle of friends", so I'm just working on the music I want to make...Most of it, I'd probably never play for anybody, however I AM putting together a little "album/mixtape" of some of this material and I will probably put that up for download on my myspace page sometime in the Fall...thanks for asking.

What do you have cooking for 08 Styl?

Yeah I feel that, some of the stuff I put together never gets heard either. Right now I'm producing a cd for my man J Mack called Cadillac Music. We're trying to put together a concept cd, something with a lot of substance but at the same time just sh|t you can put in the car and ride to. I think you might like his style... Check out his single on my myspace if you get a chance-
www.myspace.com/sharpshootersent
Oh yeah, whats your myspace? I'll be on the lookout for the mixtape.

Styl said:
Yeah I feel that, some of the stuff I put together never gets heard either. Right now I'm producing a cd for my man J Mack called Cadillac Music. We're trying to put together a concept cd, something with a lot of substance but at the same time just sh|t you can put in the car and ride to. I think you might like his style... Check out his single on my myspace if you get a chance..
Oh yeah, whats your myspace? I'll be on the lookout for the mixtape.

FP won't let me post links for whatever reason, but I just sent you a myspace friend request..

That Cadillac Music is jammin too.. I like them guitars and pianos that you got up in there. Is that a sample? Concept albums are THE way to go. That's what i like about working independently..I can put together concept cd's, and allow the listener to get the full picture of the overall artistic vision...Whatever the case, I look foward to the whole Cadillac Music CD.. .

Thanks man, I appreciate it. Yeah the guitar and piano you hear is the sample loop. Even though we're not signed or anything, it is nice not having to clear samples.
Got the friend request too, thanks again.

Haha patbeatz did you even read any other replies in the thread?

Last edited:
THEY STOLE THAT **** FROM US I SAMPLED THAT IN 06!
HERES THE VID TO THE SONG "PUFFIN ON THE PURP"

[video=youtube;<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/CEYOQBqpvYo&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/CEYOQBqpvYo&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>]video[/video]

yeah.. and i made this when i was what 16 ??

No offense, but unless you were the original writer/creator of the friends of distinction going in circles song, they didn't steal it from you.

Haha nah... Pissed me off when I heard the sample used in luxury tax tho, I had used the same sample a year or 2 ago. But I'm not the one that got it on a major release, so thats the breaks.

Back