Christina - Genie in a Bottle/ProTools session

does anyone know where to get the session files for genie in a bottle or Leo..can you upload the mariah carey joint...i just want to see how they mixed the tracks....thanks

Man... I hate to bump this thread but I loaded up one of my songs that I'm trying to sell to an MC and (after having a bunch of drives wiped and going through a terrible time re-installing Windows and reloading all my songs) found out I was missing some samples.

If anyone still has these ZIP files, could you please upload them to somewhere? Or if you're not even trying to upload the whole thing, just the crash stem. Thanks!

Interesting.
I'm really surprised though how bad the acapella sounds. There's the playback rumbling in the background but apparently not from the cans but it sounds more like the main monitors bleeding into the mic :bigeyes: The different vox tracks are mixed 100% mono, squashed to death and seem to have intermittent phase problems. Whoever did this vox mix must have done it intentionally as is just for this 'tutorial', otherwise I would say to not take the acapella as a reference.

I haven't heard the session because I don't have PT, but that sounds really bad for such a big project. Maybe you're hearing some backing vocals or parallel compressed ones, but they didn't include the main vocal take(s). Again, I don't have the session so I have no idea really.

This is actually really frikkin sweet. I'm gonna go home and install XP Pro just to install Pro Tools to run this. And also use Pro Tools to track FL Studio stuff.

I think every producer should make these available. You can't really make any money off of it if you try to sell it or whatever, and they aren't really losing anything. I know famous DJs like Oakenfold and stuff get them, or get the song in different parts (drums, vocals, melody), but they ask for permission to actually make a song with it.

If I ever become a famous producer, I will release my Pro Tools session. The only thing I will do to it is take out the vocals or the melody. Or mix the melody with the drums so that people can't sample my drums haha (even though real professional equipment can isolate everything but the drums).

If anyone can find the Pro Tools session of Madonna's "4 Minutes" man...post it lol. I would literally cry if I come on one day and just see "Madonna 4 Minutes Pro Tools Session", download/open, see the main window. After that, I would spend about 10 minutes with my eyes wide open, staring in amazement saying "Holy effing ish" and "Oh my freaking God".

There are some nice Prootols sessions at "digistormers" website.

There were Madonna as well I am sure, but not quite sure which song.

Back