Chop function in Logic 8???

In the piano roll, as well as in the arrange window, press escape-5 to change to the scissors tool, escape-escape to switch back to the basic pointer.

thanks dude

i know about the scissor tool but i dont think its quite as user friendly as the chop tool, but i guess u can still get the same effect if u simply change the grid resolution and chop on the dotted lines. however, I was looking for get rich quick scheme

If you drop your samples into a new audio chop in arrangement mode, you can get an infinitely small grid by zooming in, and you can select the portion of the sample you wish to use and hit Command E I believe to chop it.

Depending on which version of logic you have and what type of computer you're working on, your key commands can vary. To view/modify what your chop (split regions at playhead) key command is, find it in key commands like I am showing in the first screen shot.
Key Commands.jpg

In the piano roll you have a the "Command Click" tool option available. When chopping up hats or snares for dirty south fills and such, switch your command click tool to scissors so that you can just hold command and click where you want the midi note to be split.

Command Click Tool.jpg

Thats a pretty simple way to do it... It gets really easy once you get the hang of it!

Back