Chief keef before he blew up what changed?

Uhhh, he developed a new style? Remember Keef is only 17...so what, he was probably 13-14 when that first vid was recorded?

I don't thing age has much to do with music unless where talking development but I agree the style did change "so what" <--- it's just a valid question that i wanted peoples opinion on i listen to his shit regardless this is a music based forum...

He got smart. Because he and that beat or beats he was using sound like everything else as far as beat/rap combo.......the same Lil Wayne wanna be shit. It's hard to separate artist when they ALL sounded like that average shit.

And pretty soon.....his style that everyone is using now is going to sound like some "average" shit.

And everyone trying to sound like Kendrick and J.Cole nem....going to be some average shit.

And everyone trying to sing like Drake....going to be some average shit.

Like him or hate him.....his style is unique.....OR WHOEVER STYLE HE STOLE FROM HIS HOME CITY IN THE CHI.......if that is what happened....because A LOT OF TIMES cowards hear someone unique and THEY RUN WITH THEIR STYLE....perfect their style, make it their OWN. Not saying that is Keef's situation.....but hey.......like I've always said...IT COMES FROM HOME FIRST...then these celebs get thirsty.....even JayZ. And the ones who have connections are the THIRSTIEST. Because they are in DGAF mode....they will do whatever is hot. So a dude who is considered popular in the unknown underground scene in the city ALWAYS GET JACKED FIRST.

Underground rules the world.......and that ain't me joking.

Last edited:
He got smart. Because he and that beat or beats he was using sound like everything else as far as beat/rap combo.......the same Lil Wayne wanna be shit. It's hard to separate artist when they ALL sounded like that average shit.

And pretty soon.....his style that everyone is using now is going to sound like some "average" shit.

And everyone trying to sound like Kendrick and J.Cole nem....going to be some average shit.

And everyone trying to sing like Drake....going to be some average shit.

Like him or hate him.....his style is unique.....OR WHOEVER STYLE HE STOLE FROM HIS HOME CITY IN THE CHI.......if that is what happened....because A LOT OF TIMES cowards hear someone unique and THEY RUN WITH THEIR STYLE....perfect their style, make it their OWN. Not saying that is Keef's situation.....but hey.......like I've always said...IT COMES FROM HOME FIRST...then these celebs get thirsty.....even JayZ. And the ones who have connections are the THIRSTIEST. Because they are in DGAF mode....they will do whatever is hot. So a dude who is considered popular in the unknown underground scene in the city ALWAYS GET JACKED FIRST.

Underground rules the world.......and that ain't me joking.

I agree, a lot of underground katts get jacked and cant come-up because they get labeled as the follower

Last edited:
Yeah man. People got to realize in the street shit ain't never changed. The popular rapper in the street with the unique style but ain't doing shit for his career ALWAYS spread his uniqueness through the city. ANd it happens so fast that nobody knows who originated it. So you have a bunch of people claiming they started that shit.

So back to Chief Keef.......he was "an average rapper". Now IDK his situation of how he blew up...I know it was more to it than a youtube video.....BUT SOMETHING PUT HIS ASS UNDER PRESSURE. So he most likely went along with how the city was vibin to that style and ran with it.......not thinking it would blow up and make him the SPOKES PERSON OF IT.

When you under pressure you do anything....you will even do fist pump songs when you was doing songs about your pistol.

I feel I was in Caz perdicument......real talk. Nobody in the A was doing music like me. Now everybody in the world doing it and making explainations and saying all kinds of bullshit......but sheeed...I stay silent though...take the L. Niggas that know know though.....that makes me feel good. :)

Last edited:
Whomever takes it to market first wins... that's the way it goes.

It's like standing there being afraid to approach a chick and some other dude walks in front of you and says "Wanna go back to my spot?" and she says "Yes!"... that's what you get for waiting around. Take all those local pats on the back and get into the $12 club for free. Local celebrity spinning wheels...

Little Richard - "Dey Awl Stole Frum Me!!! Good Golly Miss Molly... Whooooooo!!!!!"

I can see it. lol!

lol I've been telling cats for a while. No one believes me. Soulja Boy is being bitten to death by some of these new dudes. Lowkey he gonna be a hip hop legend. People hate when he do it, but someone else it's hotness!!! Halo Horn effect

I hate his new music but that sounds more like true art then that song. It really did sound like Lil Wayne or Juelz Santana back in 05'. His new stuff sounds like how he really feels. Its worse music in my opinion. But its better art. Because it sounds like how he really feels, like Jeezy Thug 101, or Ace Hood in Hustle Hard and because his new music really is a soundtrack to a side of Chicago no one pays attention too

He got Diane Sawyer to spend 7 minutes in primetime talking about Chicago Violence. He may not even have intended to do it but He got more people to pay attention to the plight of Chicago then Lupe Fiasco, Common, and Kanye West combined. Thats art

Soulja Boy "stole" Young Joc's style...Young Joc "stole" someone elses, it's an ongoing cycle.

Soulja Boy "stole" Krank Dat from these dudes.

I don't think Chief Keef was thinkin' bout SB when he went from beats at 85bpm to beats at 60bpm. He sounds exactly how I'd think he'd sound making that jump in BPMs. I think SB has been given too much credit this time. Sounds more like he bit off "hustle hard" or "BMF" to me. But even that's left in the air since by the time he came out everyone had bit the Ross/Ace hood flow over 60bpm trap beats...oops, that's back when they were just "Lex Luger Beats"(and everyone argued Lex stole from D Rich and Shawty Redd).

And that "love sosa" singing stuff...This all day...people forget quick.

And that spawned this before Keef

I lost my thoughts...i was going somewhere with all that...oh yeah...no idea's original.

Last edited:
^^^I'm often confused by that as well, but I know nothing of Chicago politics. When everyone else talked about how "gangsta" this guy was, I thought he was just a rapper pretending, but apparently he's reputable. And he's in the chi so I doubt you could fake very long.

THEN

NOW

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

I could actually understand what the **** this nigga was saying "Then" and he was way more lyrical. Obviously his style drastically changed once he started getting money. Now he on this weird singing bs that needs a translator to be understood...

Last edited:
^^^I'm often confused by that as well, but I know nothing of Chicago politics. When everyone else talked about how "gangsta" this guy was, I thought he was just a rapper pretending, but apparently he's reputable. And he's in the chi so I doubt you could fake very long.

pay attention to the comments from people from the Chi on his stuff.... i don't think he is living there anymore...

but look in the windows of this mixtape cover and you will see what i'm talking about

Chief Keef Reveals 'Bang Pt. 2' Release Date and Artwork - #ThrillaDotInfo

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

chi got some cold youngins tho

That shit be hittin.....

Shit harder than any Chief Keef song....

Sorry to say yall.....JayZ can't rap "off beat" right. His new "off beat" shit just don't sound right. He need practice. Straight up!

Last edited:
Gangs run deep in the Chi. been like that a LONG time, almost deeper than LA and NY.

Keef idk. Guess he's the voice of dumb shit. Bang bang.

On another note, them ninjas shot JJ

Bang, Bang.

Back