CharlieTooHuman - Dream Walkin' (Old Beat) 100% Feedback

CharlieTooHuman

FlyLo inspired, this beat is over a year old, but I had gotten a lot of nice feedback from friends. Of course, it's a little long and the mixing could use some work (in my opinion) , but I greatly enjoyed working on this one. I plan to come back to this one in the near future, shorten it and add some extra samples that I've dug up over the course of the past year.

Feedback would be appreciated and I will return it in full! Message me if I don't!

More to come!

Last edited:
The crackle is a bit too loud for my taste but that's about the only thing I can think of as far as improvement. Like the previous poster said, the synth and the sample really go well together. Drum track is great, the sax and other synths/samples keep it from getting boring, really nice work mate ! The track is a bit long for a 4chord structure, it does eventually get repetitive but you can shorten it to 3-4 minutes and it's fine.
Check out my first electro track over there and let me know what you think, cheers
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ck/analogue-dreamz-french-electro-f4f-463470/

Thanks guys!

@JayCay Yeah, I'd have to agree, definitely going to cut it down a bunch when I get back on it.

About to check out your music!

nice sample work...i like the drum groove...the static is a nice touch...mix sounds clean...nice melodies as well...good work, keep grinding.

I can hear the Flylo influence in this track. Although I like the crackle, (it adds a vintage/vinyl/nostalgic feel) I think it might be too loud/prominent at times. The intro is cool, but I could see the length of it putting some people off. The synth work is pretty slick, that gives it a more modern feel ... as opposed to being a throwback boom-bap record. The part right before where the saxophone came in at seems a bit rushed but it isn't that noticeable. Again the synth work is really dope. People usually don't intertwine synths and samples like that in one production, props to you. I think I might've heard some glitchwork in there too. Pretty refreshing stuff.

Feedlink: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...-feedback/id-like-some-thoughts-*f4f*-463456/

Thanks for the feed! I love working with synths while at the same time sampling. Yeah, I'm definitely planning to bring down the crackle a bit. Maybe for the intro I can cut the water flowing sample short and bring in the main sample sooner.

Bout to return the feed!

From the production side, I think everything fits really well together.
However, If I were to record on this, only thing I say is I'd rather the sound at 2:01 be left out.

By the way: Are you giving this beat out?

@DenzelAy

Thanks for the feed! I'm not currently lending out this beat, at least not until I tweak it a bit... So keep in contact just in case. I have more where this came from too, I'll be uploading some of those in the upcoming days, so keep a lookout

Thanks for the feedback,

This is a pretty cool beat, the mix is good and i like the instrumentation/samples used, only thing is that it get a little repetitive.

Some variation to the melody would be my only suggestion, but otherwise i enjoyed listening to it, good work :-)

Thanks for the feedback nehmeizcool!

yeah, it does get mad repetitive towards the 3 minute mark in my opinion. I'm definitely planning to cut it down a bit and change some things when I get back on this beat.

Back