Changing Producer Name Overtime

TheGiRatina

Hi,

New here, also new to music production.
I'm very eager to upload some of my productions. Currently I don't expect to upload masterpieces, but whatever I've managed to create.
I've been having a difficult time finding a suiting producer name, so I was thinking of either sticking to the current nickname I have on soundcloud, my real name or a corruption of my real name. Then, after some reputation or experience, will change the producer name.

What do you guys think?
Has anyone here or someone known ever done this?

I argued for years that producers should go under their 'given' name in order to show that you're willing to stand behind the product being made.

Then I randomly hooked up with a group of childhood friends (via Facebook) from the other side of the country - I'd totally forgotten that I'd had the nickname 'Bones' as a kid...

Being that this was 20 odd years ago; and I'm now older... My 'Producer Name' has become 'OldBones'

It's important to remember that producer names are given to producers by other artists, the same is true for artists giving artists names. Nothing is wrong with using your real name but be cautious. What genre(s) do you create?

It's important to remember that producer names are given to producers by other artists, the same is true for artists giving artists names. Nothing is wrong with using your real name but be cautious. What genre(s) do you create?

I intend on creating various genres, mostly revolving around electronic music - whether it be orchestrals with electro sounds, dubstep, d&b, trance...
I thought of using Liroy (nickname from work place), but I'm not sure anymore...

Back