Cant decided between Cubase and Acid Pro

bennnib

Im about to start getting into this seriously and i cant decided between Cubase and Acid Pro. A mate of mine uses Acid and recommends it. Does anyone on hear know and want to fill me in about the major differences between the two? I know that cuabse is much better with MIDIs and VST (except i dont fully understand what VSTs are if someone could explain), but Acid is apprently much easier to get used to. Also Sony provided a bunch of sounds with Acid, and im not sure where to get sounds for Cubase from? So yeah if anyone has the knowledge and time to answer my huge question, or just any of those little ones would be greatfull :)

Why should i choose one over the other?
Cheers :o

cubase also comes with a lot of sounds. the biggest difference would be that cubase works for both pc and mac, while acid is pc only. so it depends on what operating system you run and what OS you wanna use in the future.

cubase also comes with a lot of sounds. the biggest difference would be that cubase works for both pc and mac, while acid is pc only. so it depends on what operating system you run and what OS you wanna use in the future.
there are a lot more differences than that. imo get Cubase. Acid was my first daw my first love but Cubase is really light years ahead of Acid. Sony is trying to play catch up with a daw thats really 5 years behind everything else and gets updated maybe every 3 years at best. Acid came out in 98 and its only on version 7? That tells you a lot about the development of the program. Get Cubase.

I've used both, with Acid being the first DAW I used, and my opinion would be to use Cubase for the long run.

I'm not too familiar w/ using Acid. But from what I understand... it's big on loops (hence.. you hear people talking about Acid Loops).

Cubase has HaLion... which is basically a motif on your computer.

Sony Acid Xpress is a free lite version with a 10 track limit and is a great way to get up and running, I recommend spending time with as much free stuff as you can just so you can get your head around how things work.

Unfortunately Cubase LE (thats the lite version of Cubase) is not available as a free download but ships with hardware.

Sometimes the upgrade path can save you money but you have to do the math and have an idea of what you are going to need before you need it.

A VST instrument is a virtual instrument hosted in a sequencer that is triggered via MIDI as though it were an external hardware instrument. MIDI is control data and while you can record and play MIDI it does not make sounds it is used to trigger an instrument that makes sounds.

If I had to use Acid loops I would open them with Cubase because it is my weapon of choice but at the end of the day the disison is yours, so it is up to you to decide if you listen to your lame mate and his crazy ideas about taking Acid or if you decide to join the über cool Cubase club and become one of the beautiful people.

CUBASE! Lots of sounds..nice workflow, but you should demo both and see what works best for the way you work....and then go with that one.

I'm familiar with Acid, I've used Cubase a collective month out of my life, and I STILL say go with Cubase... Acid is... limited as hell... it's alright, just alright, but limited as hell... workflow and otherwise... behind, just like stated above... I use FL as my weapon of choice and even that is like light years ahead of Acid in my humble.

Sony is trying to play catch up with a daw thats really 5 years behind everything else and gets updated maybe every 3 years at best. Acid came out in 98 and its only on version 7? That tells you a lot about the development of the program. Get Cubase.

Reason came out in 2000 and it's only on version 5!!

But Reason isn't limited like Acid, and for working, they shouldn't even be compared like that. Acid can record sound, something Reason can't do internally without buying an extra program. Reason didn't really need to up its catalog like that...

I recommend Cubase professionally because I prefer to work with Acidpro artistically. get me? need I spell out that theres a majority of listeners to performers and chumps to leaders. that's from having worked with both. Hip Hop for Acid Rock for cubase and I blaze through sessions with the chosen one I'm stressing.

Back