Can u post famous beats thats not yours on Soundcloud

• Thread starter Quiet Storm 2.0
  • Start date
Q

Quiet Storm 2.0

I was just wondering.... its a kanye west beat.

nope - if you do not own the rights to exploit it in this manner

(exploitation comes in many shapes, sizes and colours, so even if you are not making money from it, it is still exploitation)

then you cannot put it up on yours or anyone else's soundcloud

where can i put it?... soundclick?... its just a freestyle over a k west beat... people used to load up freestyles all the time... things changed now?

thats wack if its true, ...

Dude; the law of copyright is quite explicit unless you have a release from the creator of the track you cannot exploit it in any way shape or form.

I am not an attorney but I am a long time player in the music industry. I keep my head across all changes to copyright law proposed or enacted, no matter the jurisdiction, as it all affects me along the way.

Put simply, buy a lease to use the track and you're cool, use it without getting a lease and you could lose everything you own and whatever your future earnings might be in the worst case outcome should the creator/rights owner decide to pursue you.....

Put on a mixtape like everybody else. U Tube and soundcloud are too big (as players) to allow it most of the time.

Yea i just checked out the "new myspace" ...even they have a disclaimer saying everything has to be MY MATERIAL... DA ****?!

I remember when cats used to post famous instrumentals and stuff with remixes and them rappin on it like crazy...

Thats wack, ... i dont know if i can afford a lease, ... the beat it Illest mother fer alive off wTT

I was just wondering.... its a kanye west beat.

If it's you rapping over it, you should collab with a producer on this forum instead so you don't have to worry about copyright issues. If you're decent, most producers will work with you for free. Plus, rapping over an original beat sounds MUCH better than rapping over one that 239430589 people already have.

Back