Can someone PLEASE explain to me how to connect with an artist, as a producer

MiguelTym

I can't find someone to rap on my beats because i don't know how to find someone. can someone tell me or HIT ME UP IF YOU WANT A BEAT!

IF YOUR A RAPPER GIVE ME A CHANCE I NEED TO MAKE MY NAME AND MAKE YOUR TOO IF YOUR SERIOUS

there's a site called join my band that musicians use to find members ive not used it for a while but you can choose your area write an ad a and messege people for free

Use social media? Use google? Use Facebook? Get out locally? Use SoundCloud?

Yeah I'm on twitter, lok at my signature. I dont know what to search to find artists though. I've never used twitter accept once

Yeah i did, but then i moved. now I dont know anyone and I'm in a suburban neiborhood. I could connect with the people from my old city, but to be honest the ones ive met arent worth reaching out to

Honestly, you sound a bit silly. You can't find artists on Twitter or Soundcloud? They are all over the place there! Artists are flooding social media.

By the way, how old are you?

I just turned 16, and I know that their everywhere i just dont know how to find them (as stupid as that sounds)

you must be using your social media accounts the wrong way..you don't need up to 5 mins to find artists looking for beats.
on Twitter do a search for: 'need beats' 'send beats' and stuff along those lines..don't just type the word 'beats' because you'll find a LOT of conversation on beats headphones, maybe sport and some dude that got beat up somewhere for doing something stupid! :shame:
If you se Facebook then search for say: 'hip-hop' or 'rap' or whatever genre you produce, look for groups (find the active ones) join them..there's lots of artists looking to collab etc..
Same goes for YouTube & Soundcloud..find them, network..make music!

I just turned 16, and I know that their everywhere i just dont know how to find them (as stupid as that sounds)

You wan't to get with an artist who hasn't blown up yet. Network, network, network!!!. Work with diferent up and coming artists any way you can. Get cool with them on the internet. Find an artist on you tube or the net who doesnt have that many views. Of course find one you believe in or one who would sound good over your beats. Instead of right away saying" hey check out my beats" build a relationship. Complement him, let him now you feeling him first then tell him you got some beats for him. You have to try and start your own movement. Find like minds like you. Find friends & associates who want the same thing like you. On the net, at your local college etc...

Last edited:
Way back when, I was in bands. Always.
To be fair, I do think it was easier 20 years ago to hook up with local players... Every record shop (of which round my ends there are now much fewer) had posters up by singers/rappers/guitarist/drummers/bassist/etc and bands looking for what they were missing... There's also (certainly here) less live music going on than there once was.
Local gigs were always a good place to meet players...

I guess you just need to get out as much as possible... Go to every local show you can, take a pocket full of usb-flash drives with a couple of your beats on it... Get your face out there and have conversations... Be cool as **** and have some fire when they plug in that usb!

Way back when, I was in bands. Always.
To be fair, I do think it was easier 20 years ago to hook up with local players... Every record shop (of which round my ends there are now much fewer) had posters up by singers/rappers/guitarist/drummers/bassist/etc and bands looking for what they were missing... There's also (certainly here) less live music going on than there once was.
Local gigs were always a good place to meet players...

I guess you just need to get out as much as possible... Go to every local show you can, take a pocket full of usb-flash drives with a couple of your beats on it... Get your face out there and have conversations... Be cool as **** and have some fire when they plug in that usb!

I agree, be prepared for that opportunity when it presents itself. I live by that mantra. Peep how excited Kevin Gates when hears this producer's music.

Last edited:
Back