Can Publishing be explained in a short video?

benji2

I was watching a video where DJ Vlad asked Styles P to explain publishing after discussing the Lox past frustration with Diddy and Styles P refused saying it's not that simple. He suggested that an artist get a manager, a good lawyer and take time to really study the ins and outs of publishing. I'll be the first to admit, I dont know anything about it. Do you agree with Styles P or do you think you could have given a sufficient answer explaining publishing in a short period of time?

Exclusive: Styles P talks about the publishing situation The Lox was in with Diddy - YouTube

I know Troup made a fairly brief post explaining the basics of publishing, but your guess is as good as mine

I've done about 10 very, very in depth threads/posts about publishing.

If you search on my name, and the thread title that's something like "Producer doesn't deserve royalties", I think you'll find it.

I've done about 10 very, very in depth threads/posts about publishing.

If you search on my name, and the thread title that's something like "Producer doesn't deserve royalties", I think you'll find it.

Thanks Troup. When I was watching the video, I thought to myself that you could have answered Vlad's question but I wondered how long would the video have been considering Vlad likes to have his videos pretty short.

Back