can I use my lap top as 2nd monitor for Reason?

bulgarianprince

I just had the thought that I would like to try to utilize my laptop as a 2nd monitor if possible. Reason really needs to be a two monitor set up and Im too freaking cheap to buy another monitor.

nope a laptop display cant do multi screen unless you hook it up to two monitors like the Apple thunderbolt display

All the laptops I've used (which, granted, have been pretty much all Macs) can do this. If the graphics card supports two displays, then it does.

well coming from a tech head it actually is possible to use two notebooks sharing the same screen i once tried it as i can now recall but i will see if i can find the program i used to do it

---------- Post added at 04:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 AM ----------

Edit: ok i found it now there is a pros and cons pros: you can use it just like a monitor it is the exact same thing perfect for a mixer view i know how reason can be a but clustered cons: price not free there is a 14 day free trial but you can buy it for $39 or $49 standard and pro if you are going to buy it i reccomend the pro because then you can control the other screen from one keyboard and mouse and if you find $49 over budget (me too) i recommend going on ebay and looking for a cheap monitor because it will be your moneys worth in my opinion but as starting off i know you can use this hope it helps .

Here is the link

maxivista(dot)com
and here is a more explained post so you can get the idea notebooks(dot)com/2009/10/09/how-to-turn-your-notebook-into-a-second-monitor

Last edited:
Oh, I didn't realize we were talking about using the laptop as an extra display for another computer. That might indeed need some extra software to work. My bad.

Back