Breathing problems in the booth?

beauli20

Bula Productions
Anyone have problems with their artists having breathing problems in the booth? Ours gets super stuffy and its disrupting sessions sometimes. Ive looked into like oxygen machines but they are about 1k. Anyone know of a simpler, cost efficient solution or have any similar problems?

If it is getting stuffy, then the issue is ventilation - if your booth is a sealed box, you are essentially telling them to stop breathing eventually (they are breathing their own carbon-dioxide rich exhaust, as it were).

No easy fix, especially fitting fans and what not.

However, if you choose to go the fan route, you need to add 2 one near the top and one near the bottom of the booth on opposite sides:

1. This fan will be an intake fan
  2. This fan will be an exhaust fan

experiment to see which setup works better (intake at the top and exhaust at the bottom or vice versa). You will need to fix the intake and exhaust vents so that they are running through a small labyrinth/maze-like structure to limit the amount of external noise getting into the booth. You will also need to use something like a pair of 5" computer fans rather than something much larger or noisier so that the fan noise does not become a factor in the booth.

Last thing, get an electrician to to do the wiring.....

Last edited:
its actually better to have passive intake than an intake fan. The intake hole should be about twice the size of the exhaust fans diameter. Dont ask me why I know this ;)

Funny, because all of my reading and application suggests that it is better to have active intake and exhaust......

Im pretty sure a passive intake double the size of the exhaust would be good but I just know that from building a gow box for tomatoes.

Back