boss sp 303

Sorry about that man just wanted to explain my situation a bit more. But ya its just I'm real familiar with fl already so switching to another software might trip me up. I'm just going back and forth on what to do. Getting a new computer and then fl would probably be more than a grand while an mp I could get for around 500. But like you said, tracking out and mixing and all that goes on in the computer so I just don't know what I wanna do

if u want to mix on a computer (which is cheaper than any hardware option really) is going to require a new computer so to me its kind of a no brainer lol. You can get a mpc for 500 but think about building around the future vs what you can get now. Fruity loops is something you can continue to build upon and grow with as you do as a producer. A mpc is really what you see is what you get. You can upgrade the newer ones with hard drives and ram and get a great running machine until u run out of hard drive space. Either way its your choice but buying a mpc will not fix your real problem because when mix time comes you'll still be using a bs computer. Also keep in mind what features in FL do you really need? If you are just using it as a sequencer/sampler and vst host the $99 version should be way more than enough

. Ya see the only reason I was thinkin bout the mp was to just practice practice and practice on chopping samples and sequencing to get some real solid tracks going before I even worry about mixing. I'm still kinda young at making beats so that was my thought process behind that. Get solid tracks first then worry bout mixing later. You do bring up a good point about fl and buying only what I need. Right now all I use it for is to sample and sequence. Mostly all I use is fpc, slicer, edison and that's about it. Maybe an occasional vst for bass but I mostly just filter for bass. Oh and of course the mixer I use too

Update: so I looked into fl and it turns out id need the producer edition that runs for 200 bucks. The 99 dollar one you were talking about doesn't allow for external audio recording and since I sample from records I need to be able to do that

Last edited:
There are also very usable freeware options.
I still swear by Shortcircuit as a vst sampler, and there are some good freeware sequencing options too.
Podium free, and Mulab free come to mind.
Either can be paired up with Shortcircuit, and a few vst effects for good times.
They do work totally different that FL though, so there would a learning curve.

Back