bootleg, feedback for feedback

stevielight

just worked on this jhene aiko remix. I would be really happy to get any constructive feedback or honest reactions. also I'd be happy to find your latest track or other track that you want and give feedback and well.

thanks so much and I look forward to your feedback

all i can think throughout the track is the kick is too loud imo and i think the song itself is loud maybe try working on the mixing and the mastering more

I hear potential. I agree with Notrah, it is a bit loud. Use a spectrum analyzer to make sure everything is spread smoothly. Make use of something like Youlean Loudness Meter to make sure the loudness is acceptable (Link for free version below). When you use distortion, cut the volume. Consider improving the stereo spread for some instruments or effects, it provides an extra dimension to the listener.

Side note, when I started making music I used AKG K240 headphones, ABSOLUTELY terrible things... Because of their horrible frequency response, my music was boosted on the low end and cut on the high. Possibly invest in a set of decent headphones?

Overall, good job.

all i can think throughout the track is the kick is too loud imo and i think the song itself is loud maybe try working on the mixing and the mastering more
yo thanks I agree with doubling down on the mixing and mastering. lmk if there's a song u want feedback on

I hear potential. I agree with Notrah, it is a bit loud. Use a spectrum analyzer to make sure everything is spread smoothly. Make use of something like Youlean Loudness Meter to make sure the loudness is acceptable (Link for free version below). When you use distortion, cut the volume. Consider improving the stereo spread for some instruments or effects, it provides an extra dimension to the listener.

Side note, when I started making music I used AKG K240 headphones, ABSOLUTELY terrible things... Because of their horrible frequency response, my music was boosted on the low end and cut on the high. Possibly invest in a set of decent headphones?

Overall, good job.

Thanks for the feedback. I definitely need to make use of panning more and I'll try a different mix and master. I'm also just on the Audiotechnica ATH-M40s and the low end is missing abit. Thanks for the plugin I'll check it out. lmk if there's a song you want feedback on as well

yeah vocals are sitting on the mix nicely i think. push the sounds harder they're a little cheesy/ on the stock plugin side of things I feel like but the writing is real good. Layering or effects could really give your track some more character and emotion. the chop and synth at 2:08 ish (starts a little before) is cool too. Your writing is good and captivating. if you mix it again tho a bit of reverb or saturation could glue the elements together nicely. great job so far I think this has a lot of potential

just worked on this jhene aiko remix. I would be really happy to get any constructive feedback or honest reactions. also I'd be happy to find your latest track or other track that you want and give feedback and well.

thanks so much and I look forward to your feedback

this is pretty good but the main thing for me was that it felt like it took too long to drop
otherwise really nice work, like the other person said the kick does seem a bit overly loud, the track overall could maybe use some more low end too, layer the bass more perhaps?

yeah vocals are sitting on the mix nicely i think. push the sounds harder they're a little cheesy/ on the stock plugin side of things I feel like but the writing is real good. Layering or effects could really give your track some more character and emotion. the chop and synth at 2:08 ish (starts a little before) is cool too. Your writing is good and captivating. if you mix it again tho a bit of reverb or saturation could glue the elements together nicely. great job so far I think this has a lot of potential
thanks dude appreciate it! i will try working with your ideas

Back