Boombap beat

Those hi hats are a little loud. But I really like the sample you used, and the beginning was real nice. If you're trying to get a boom bap sound you might want to check back on some of your favorite records to see how the drums swing and try to start off of that.

Yo, thats a different kind of sample than Im used to hearing with a boom-bap beat! It sounds cool but it sounds like its almost always in tension, like it doesnt release enough. That choppyness is cool but only for some parts, then it needs to release into a more legato type sample in order for it to work as an instrumental for a rapper. I think you should go with a different snare if you want that boom-bap sound and maybe less open high hats. Can you call it an "Original" if it has samples in it that arent yours? Or is that sample yours? Peace.

Yo, thats a different kind of sample than Im used to hearing with a boom-bap beat! It sounds cool but it sounds like its almost always in tension, like it doesnt release enough. That choppyness is cool but only for some parts, then it needs to release into a more legato type sample in order for it to work as an instrumental for a rapper. I think you should go with a different snare if you want that boom-bap sound and maybe less open high hats. Can you call it an "Original" if it has samples in it that arent yours? Or is that sample yours? Peace.
you're right man, i sampled it from some old spanish/french songs, not mine. i'll definitely change it.

Those hi hats are a little loud. But I really like the sample you used, and the beginning was real nice. If you're trying to get a boom bap sound you might want to check back on some of your favorite records to see how the drums swing and try to start off of that.
i've been trying to use a lot of shuffle in the drums, to give it that mpc-type groove, but the hi-hats may be a bit too loud, thank you

Back