Boom Bap Academy

Tallen

The Beatsmith
What's up guys? I'm Tallen, 17 year-old producer/engineer/emcee and I created a group on SoundCloud for Hip-Hop/Boom-Bap producers, if you, as an artist, want to contribute to the growth of this group, feel free to submit your tracks here: https://soundcloud.com/groups/boom-bap-academy

I think this provides a great method for artists to showcase their tunes via SoundCloud, hope ya'll use this feature!

Big ups!

---------- Post added 08-24-2013 at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was 08-16-2013 at 11:39 PM ----------

bump bump bump

Been in the group for a week and a few days now. https://soundcloud.com/408breaks << xD just for a lil exposure
YoooOOoo but big ups to tallen. for this group. Really, its like the only group on my soundcloud that i go to for some quality tracks.

I think If you and hypnotic go more hardcore on the moderating the group can get known more for its CRAZY BREAK NECK BOOMBAP SHIT
Even tho maybe some of my tracks wont make it on there, ;P It'd be more satisfying if a track of my actually makes it on there later, with A stricter moderating

boom bap is wack

Boom Bap is authentic, simplistic, and the epitome of hip hop as we know it. Boom Bap required and still does require the thought process of a genius to pull off, you can't just throw together a beat. It takes time, effort, patience and the right ears to pull a boom bap beat off. With boom bap, you have emotion, you have that gritty east coast vibe you've got that symbolic tone and bang that is just in your face and banging out. On the other hand, we have people such as yourself, who I'm going to assume considering the time being for rap right now, who are trap producers. Trap requires little to no skill to successfully pull off, and I cannot lie to you by saying that it works for certain artists and does fit the script at times, but the radio's and media in general have portrayed rap to consist of just trap. It's gotten horrid, to the point where it gives the entire community a bad name. Hip Hop used to be live, real authentic drums, I'm talking old, RUN DMC type music. Now, you can literally make thousands selling an exclusive lease to a beat you can make in 20 minutes at most, sitting at a computer with no external components such as any MIDI controllers or monitors or anything besides the computer and keyboard, clicking in step sequencers. All of this only to have some bullshit 'artist' spit a few barely mediocre lyrics and make the money that someone working their ass off couldn't dream of. You can ask any producer on this forum to attempt a trap beat and see how many average submissions you get just to prove how easy it is to do and how hype it's been getting. Trap is wack kid.

Boom Bap is authentic, simplistic, and the epitome of hip hop as we know it. Boom Bap required and still does require the thought process of a genius to pull off, you can't just throw together a beat. It takes time, effort, patience and the right ears to pull a boom bap beat off. With boom bap, you have emotion, you have that gritty east coast vibe you've got that symbolic tone and bang that is just in your face and banging out. On the other hand, we have people such as yourself, who I'm going to assume considering the time being for rap right now, who are trap producers. Trap requires little to no skill to successfully pull off, and I cannot lie to you by saying that it works for certain artists and does fit the script at times, but the radio's and media in general have portrayed rap to consist of just trap. It's gotten horrid, to the point where it gives the entire community a bad name. Hip Hop used to be live, real authentic drums, I'm talking old, RUN DMC type music. Now, you can literally make thousands selling an exclusive lease to a beat you can make in 20 minutes at most, sitting at a computer with no external components such as any MIDI controllers or monitors or anything besides the computer and keyboard, clicking in step sequencers. All of this only to have some bullshit 'artist' spit a few barely mediocre lyrics and make the money that someone working their ass off couldn't dream of. You can ask any producer on this forum to attempt a trap beat and see how many average submissions you get just to prove how easy it is to do and how hype it's been getting. Trap is wack kid.

#salute

Dope, i joined and submitted a track!

---------- Post added at 12:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 AM ----------

Hey, i added a track to the group but it bounces back.............???? Something wrong with the group?

Tracks must be accepted in order to be apart of the group. Sorry I've been slackin' on accepting tunes. I'm a little busy at the moment and my other moderator is undergoing the same conditions as I am.

Back