bois setting when building PC for music ONLY

fataltone

Holy Lamb Media & Ent.
bois setting when building PC for music ONLY

I been reading up on building a music PC and keep hearing about somethings in the bois setting that shoud be turned off
is this only a issue when buying a store brought PC...
or should I the buyer of parts for the PC build ..
I'm not the building the PC ...should there be some specific things I should be telling the person doing the labor on the PC to turn on or not turn on in the bois setting???

this is the guts of the system

Windows 7 PC

Intel Core i7-2600 Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor

ASUS Rampage III Formula Motherboard - Intel X58, LGA 1366, ATX, Audio, PCI Express 2.0, CrossFire Ready, SLI Ready, Gigabit LAN, S/PDIF, Firewire, USB 3.0, SATA 6BG/s, RAID
$300

I know there are cheaper i7 motherboard but it has 5 pcie slots I need.... and has firewire port included

Thats really about it til you actually see what options the BIOS even offers. But if it has onboard graphics and you get a video card, then disable the onboard video.

You also should make sure Speed-Stepping is disabled.

Your motherboard/processor combo will not work. The process is a 1155 socket and the motherboard is 1366.

Here are some 1366 socket i7's. You could also look at 1155 socket motherboards if you want to keep the Sandy Bridge i7. Really just depends on which you decide to go with (1155 vs 1366). Either way your in good shape.
Newegg.com - Computer Hardware, CPUs / Processors, Processors - Desktops, Intel, LGA 1366

You also should make sure Speed-Stepping is disabled.

Your motherboard/processor combo will not work. The process is a 1155 socket and the motherboard is 1366.

Here are some 1366 socket i7's. You could also look at 1155 socket motherboards if you want to keep the Sandy Bridge i7. Really just depends on which you decide to go with (1155 vs 1366). Either way your in good shape.
Newegg.com - Computer Hardware, CPUs / Processors, Processors - Desktops, Intel, LGA 1366
thanks I knew I was going to have to double my parts list for compatiablity..destroyed that word lol

Not just a matter of power , some network adaptor (especially wireless) can cause timing problems/errors to the audio interface .
I've seen the problem with firewire AI .

Last edited:
Back