Bit Wig, Logic, or Ableton?

JASONKERRISON

Hi FUPROD's - I've just found out about Bit Wig today. I have been using Logic quite a lot for my productions (mostly 9 but starting to play with X) and used Ableton a lot in the past and had intend to start using Abelton again for various reasons. I met a guy at Indie Week Canada today who was raving about Bit Wig. Does anyone have insights they can share please? Cheers Jason

bitwig is to ableton as studio one is to cubase in terms of how similar they are.
bitwig is a basically ableton that includes all the stuff that didnt make it into ableton.

Regarding DAWs it is always the same answer...it comes down to your personal taste. Bitwig included more audio editing than ableton offers. But you can expect Ableton to including better audio editing tools in one of the next versions. Bitwig is definitely an interesting new player in the field of DAWs. Depending on if you are an early adopter and want to try it out or stick to proven concept in Ableton, Logic or ProTools.

If you aren't missing anything specific in your current DAWs, don't let these thoughts or discussions bug you and keep you from being creative with what you have. Focus on your creativity, music & sounds. There are people out there doing amazing stuff with a guitar with only a single string. It's all about what you do with what you have. If you have Ableton or Logic, I recommend you dive into it deeper instead of trying everything out and always stay at the surface!

Hope that helps a bit!

Best,
Jeff

Last edited:
Back