Big problem with new monitors !

dangersgs

I just got the ESI near08 experience monitors and no matter how I put them in the room I can barely hear the low frequencies.I do have a big room though.The kicks sound so weak in every song.It's like listening to a snare instead of a kick.I'm exagerating a bit but they still sound too high.The monitors have a 8 inch woofer so I expected to get at least some decent sounding kicks. Is this how the monitors should sound or I have horrible acoustics in the room.If I go in the corner of the room I definitely hear the bass better.But If I sit in front of the monitors the bass is weak.
I have a feeling that I might have to get bass traps or something like that but I'm not sure if it will help or where to put them.
I drew a quick diagram of the room so you can see how I have everything positioned:
http://i45.tinypic.com/bgs8pt.jpg

Can someone please help me ?

I would say that you have the speakers in an akward position that may be contributing to bass cancellation because of the closeness of the side walls. If you're able to, switch things around so your monitors are at one side of the smaller walls...preferably the side where the window is. Depending on how long that room is you should see an immediate difference. If you're still having trouble then you may want to look into bass traps & broadband absorbers to treat the room. I did a video on my youtube awhile back where I give a general explanation of where and how to position your speakers for the best sound. Try it and see how that works for you.

BlueEclipsePro1 - YouTube

C.P.

Last edited:
Can someone tell me how much it costs to build bass traps for every corner ? Also is foam good ? I'm kind of paranoid when it comes to fiber glass.

Try standing further away from them and see if you notice the bass. Sometimes you won't hear it up close, but it'll be loud and clear a couple feet away

Back