Best way to learn your DAW?

open the manual and follow the tutorials in the manual

have a project of your own to work on and apply the ideas to that project

Yup, working on an actual project is the best way, imo - that way you'll have to find the solutions to achieve what you're trying to do. And keep the manual handy, that should be the first port of call in any scenario. Youtube & 3rd party tutorials can be handy for more specialized stuff.

If you have the opportunity to go on a session with someone who knows how to do it. Just watch him carefully and ask ask ask :)
You'll figure it then yourself later how and what

use test project to test out ideas and once you learn them apply them to your proper projects

doing a project was how I learnt to use pro24 at the end of 1986 - I was arranging strings and winds and brass and extras for a single release and was given a week with the program (and the guys Atara ST512) to render with MIDI.

I learnt more about computers and MIDI in 7 days than I had in the previous 4 years

What's the best way to learn your DAW?

If you find it difficult to collab with others, you can buy song stem and remix them using a combination of techniques you can find online and the manual. Honestly, using gear without the reading the manual is the hardest way to learn. Most manufactures have youtube channels. Visit them and learn about the different ways people are going about things.

Last edited:
Back