Best version of the MPC

Obviously the 5000 but if you're on a lower budget, the 1000 or 2500 will work just as good.

skip past the mpc I'm digging all the devices integrated into software platforms lately :D I guess there's always Rennaissance

I run the 1000. You can't use a Renaissance stand alone.. If I wanna program beats at a friends or without a mac I can. Also I can plug the MPC into my Scarlett 18i6 and whala. The MPC is a stand alone beast, those controllers are not. When they come with a controller that works stand alone I'll pay attention. I've been a hardware guy but I'm making the transition. I'm not selling my MPC for one of those fancy controllers though.

I run the 1000. You can't use a Renaissance stand alone.. If I wanna program beats at a friends or without a mac I can. Also I can plug the MPC into my Scarlett 18i6 and whala. The MPC is a stand alone beast, those controllers are not. When they come with a controller that works stand alone I'll pay attention. I've been a hardware guy but I'm making the transition. I'm not selling my MPC for one of those fancy controllers though.
That's a good point, the portability/standalone function of a MPC is pretty dope. Not as ideal to run around w/ a laptop and a mpc and a interface and headphones/speakers lmao.

I tend to laugh at the "Standalone" mention. You can't use a 2500, or 5000 in transit or in a park can you? Kontakt, Geist, and others run on my MacBook Pro for at least 5 hours of battery life. I build drum kits and sample my own performance in Bryant Park, Manhattan. No place to plug there, and the scenery is awesome.

Last edited:
Oh boy, the MPC... I got one eating dust as we speak.
I have the MPC 1000, once it it is setup with all the cables and extra shit, it's a great device.. with JJ OS that is.
Only problem I have is that if I have idea's for synths or video samples I need to use all kind of weird movements with the computer and SD card to get some sounds transported to eachother...

I like Maschine way more, software plugins are just great, not f'ing around with all those huge keyboards and synthesizers just to get that sound you want to add.

Pro is that the MPC is stand alone, when i'm at my girlfriend's house I like to plug it in and make some beats..

Back