Best software for producing hip hop?

Yup reason makes the most sense for me. But it's actually not the brand of the software that matters it's all about your skill, how you use it, and how you sound. 9th wonder made made Threat for Jay-Z when the program was 99 bucks and at the time cats where going nuts cause that was supposed to go on the Black Album which was supposed to be his "last album" haha

Ableton is great for live shows, FL is ok if thats all ya have, Logic would be dope if ya didnt have to use a mac to run it, Reason is........getting better, Sonar and Cubase is for pussy's, you will find that there's no single program thats gonna do what ya need, i use 3 programs to complete my studio, 1. my main DAW is Sequoia 12.4, its the best program hands down,shits on everything else. 2. Sony soundforge pro 11, nothing better to cut samples with,to add on the fly FX, and to master out each vocal track you lay, 3. and all you muh****ers can laugh all ya want, but sony's acid pro 7, its the ,most under rated daw out there, anyway there's my opinion

Ableton is great for live shows, FL is ok if thats all ya have, Logic would be dope if ya didnt have to use a mac to run it, Reason is........getting better, Sonar and Cubase is for pussy's, you will find that there's no single program thats gonna do what ya need, i use 3 programs to complete my studio, 1. my main DAW is Sequoia 12.4, its the best program hands down,shits on everything else. 2. Sony soundforge pro 11, nothing better to cut samples with,to add on the fly FX, and to master out each vocal track you lay, 3. and all you muh****ers can laugh all ya want, but sony's acid pro 7, its the ,most under rated daw out there, anyway there's my opinion

Pussies have too much trouble trying to learn Cubase which is exactly why they look elsewhere.

Personally I think 'Reason' is the best, especially if you use 'Recycle' with it. Recycle allows you to chop samples and loops easily:) but i do use 'FL Studio' to pitch samples up and down.

Back