Best software/daw for music production?

Black Friday is fast approaching... I looked for and found a deal on Studio One last year... Got S1-Pro half price...

This is the best time of year to buy stuff for yourself.

just hope you don't also need to buy for a significant other...

Hallo. I new here, but i have been working with music production for less than 2 month with fl studio. I now i met some people who says i should drop fl studio bacause i will not go any further, and rather sart with another software like Pro Tools, Cubase, Logic. What do you think about that? What software you would recommend?

Have a look at what the top commercial recording studios use! They cannot be wrong. Top UK and US studios all make use of ProTools, apart from others!!

They are all the same imo if you go on the program enough you will build habit around any daw. I use logic but would probably go back and stick with fruity loops if I had to answer. fl studio workflow makes it easy to arrange and finish tracks before getting bored.

Again. I think this thread has had a lot of confusion, and misunderstanding.
If we all read the OP's first post, he basically is describing himself as a beat maker.
Beat makers need not worry about industry standards when it comes to daws. Only being able to render "pcm" .wav, or AIFF and all daws do that.

I'm in the camp that says it matters %0 for mixing, and recording too. Only what you like. You will get the best results with what you like.
Sure the audio engineer will prefer you send them session files of whatever DAW he uses, and many use PT, but they will deal with wave files. Don't worried about them having to take an extra min. to load up the files. The engineer will survive that episode, lol.
Remember your paying the engineer to work for your convenience not his.

Last edited:
Have a look at what the top commercial recording studios use! They cannot be wrong. Top UK and US studios all make use of ProTools, apart from others!!

They aren't wrong because they use expensive Pro Tools DSP hardware rigs to take the processing load off the computer, usually an Apple Mac, it only gets wrong when people assume that a MacBook running some native processing version of Pro Tools is somehow comparable as opposed to just compatible.......I mean it's silly to base native processing decisions upon brands used in a non-native system configuration, the brands themselves don't have any magical powers, I mean would you buy a Roland TR-505 because you heard I use a Roland TR-808?

Again. I think this thread has had a lot of confusion, and misunderstanding.
If we all read the OP's first post, he basically is describing himself as a beat maker.
Beat makers need not worry about industry standards when it comes to daws. Only being able to render "pcm" .wav, or AIFF and all daws do that.

I'm in the camp that says it matters %0 for mixing, and recording too. Only what you like. You will get the best results with what you like.
Sure the audio engineer will prefer you send them session files of whatever DAW he uses, and many use PT, but they will deal with wave files. Don't worried about them having to take an extra min. to load up the files. The engineer will survive that episode, lol.
Remember your paying the engineer to work for your convenience not his.

Where are you pulling these assumptions from that we are saying an engineer using pro tools needs Pro tools sessions? I KNOW that any .wav file can be opened in a PT session, so does everyone else in the thread who has even mentioned Pro Tools. Thats multiple posts now trying to reinforce a point no one is arguing. Chill man, you're right. We know. haha

All you're indirectly saying is that the beatmaker not using Pro Tools is almost relying on the engineer using pro tools. Im talking about using your own daw for everything. We aren't hiring anyone in these situations. And i never said other daws couldn't do stuff. Im just debating for pro tools.

Where are you pulling these assumptions from that we are saying an engineer using pro tools needs Pro tools sessions? I KNOW that any .wav file can be opened in a PT session, so does everyone else in the thread who has even mentioned Pro Tools. Thats multiple posts now trying to reinforce a point no one is arguing. Chill man, you're right. We know. haha

All you're indirectly saying is that the beatmaker not using Pro Tools is almost relying on the engineer using pro tools. Im talking about using your own daw for everything. We aren't hiring anyone in these situations. And i never said other daws couldn't do stuff. Im just debating for pro tools.

I wasn't talking to you anymore lol.
I misunderstood you in my first post. I got the impression from a few posts(other than yours) that there was an opinion that the OP could be well served to get PT since it was a standard. It just seemed unrelated to his original question.
Maybe I skimmed through, and didn't read between the lines enough either, but the last post was unrelated to your comment.
I wrote my last post after reading serracin's post.
Again I just mistook you in your first post. It's all good man.:cool:
Nothing wrong with using PT for everything if you want, and Just like you could in FL, and Reason.
And yes that is where I misunderstood you.

Last edited:
Back