Best plugins or sounds for pop/alternative

David Scott

I have many songs that I have written on guitar. The songs I write are kind of a mix between alternative and popish sounds. For example, maroon 5, one republic, ed sheeran, pharrell williams, timbaland.

A style that's not HEAVY pop but has a popular music feel to it.. if that makes sense (slightly stoned typing this..).

What are some of the best plugins for this kind of music, I use FL studio and am brand new to music production btw.

I do not care about prices, or cost of anything, just the best.

Thanks alot!

Before looking for plugins to pay for, get to know the plugins that come with your software, you'll be surprised by how good the actually are.
Then if you feel you're lacking something, then first try to find freeware plugins for it (there are plenty of them that are simply amazing), and then if you're not satisfied, go find a commercial plugin.

I would always recommend Synth1 for just about anything. Synth1 is very easy to understand and is every bit as versatile as the more complicated Synth VSTs and plugins. I learned the basics of synthesizers with Synth1 and I have never stopped using it. It is also FREE​.

Last edited:
Back