Best Laptop Soundcard for recording? (Anything similar to Echo Indigo)

C Royal

Fruity Loops Supporter
I'm getting a new laptop today after having my previous one for six years. Unfortunately this new one does not have a PC Card slot so my trusty Echo Indigo IO is not going to work with it:cry:. At the moment I'm thinking of getting the Echo Indigo Express Card version. I've seen an express card to usb adaptor on Amazon, so I'm thinking that might be the way to go. I haven't been able to find a PC Card adaptor yet.

Are there any other USB sound cards worth looking at? I can get the Indigo for $185 and the adaptor is like 10 bucks, so anything in the $200 range I'd definitely check out. I have a search working on Muscian's Friend, I'll be looking around at that for a bit, but if anyone has a recommendation I'd appreciate it if you dropped a line in here.

---------- Post added 06-01-2011 at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was 05-24-2011 at 08:50 AM ----------

Well my experiment failed...damn back to square one. If anyone wants to buy an echo indigo express card I'll make you a nice deal.

I'm looking to get the Echo AudioFire2 now, need to see if my laptop has the correct firewire connection. I

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

ok well I don't have firewire on this laptop!!! haha wow, take one step foward and 20 steps back. Wish I did a little more research to see if Dell still used express or pcmia, why that would be taken off idk.

I tried my M-audio Fast Track to see how it would handle my turntable, audio was shit! Would the M-Audio Fast Track Pro be able to handle my turntable (it's already amped through my mixer), and my guitar and bass through my bass DI?

Looking at other USb options looks like the NI Audio Kontrol might work.I'm open to suggestions for anything in the $200-250 range.

Last edited:
Back