Beginners

Spend some time with each and see what works best for you. Maschine is a good option if you like to use a computer or have used software. MPC is good if you're looking to go the hardware route.

What else do you have? What are you looking to do? Why just Maschine or MPC as options?

i really dont have anything right now, ive read review bout both of them and i really want to head with software, im looking to make beats pretty much every type.

i really dont have anything right now, ive read review bout both of them and i really want to head with software, im looking to make beats pretty much every type.
Have you considered going with a daw and a midi controller like an MPD then?

Last edited:
yes im actually going to get the mpd32 this weekend! should i use my pc or copp a laptop? im also going to get a vinyl player so i can sample

Why would you need another computer when you got one already? And if your computer is not powerful enough and you need another one, I'd recommend going with a custom built desktop or simply upgrading the one you got unless it is a package pc that you can't upgrade.

true im probally going to upgrade my pc an what else do i need? is Fl a good daw for the mpd?

true im probally going to upgrade my pc an what else do i need? is Fl a good daw for the mpd?
If you like working with it then yes. You should download demos of various daws and get the one you like using as there is no best daw for making beats.

allright thanks man! i got another question when i purchase the vinyl player is there somethng else i need to sample?

You will need a cartridge for that record player if it doesn't come with one. And of course you'll also need a preamp unless there is an usb port on the player.

Hey - just saw some of these posts - you probably wouldn't need an mpd and maschine - I made the mistake of buying an mpd26, then a few months later a maschine :).

I don't know about an mpc other than what I've researched and played around with at guitar center, but maschine has been the best thing for my work flow.

However, its hard to go super far with JUST a maschine, though, as you are fairly limited once it comes to mixing and steps thereafter. Also can't record any live instrumention, vocals, etc. So, you definitely want a DAW with your maschine.

Last consideration is cost - a (new) mpc will run you quite a bit more than a maschine (at least if you go with the latest, best model of the mpc).

Back