Beginner Basic Help, Equipment Help

CheekyBastard

So i'm getting into DeeJaying mainly due to my urge to mix my own mixtapes.
I will be using Virtual Dj 7, A Turntable, a mixer and a cheap sound card.

Turntable:Gemini DJ TT-2000 $125 Used

Mixer: Numark M2 Professional Scratch Mixer 89 new

Sound Card: Behringer UFO202 Audio Interface 30

Timecode Vinyl:Native Instruments: Traktor Scratch Control Vinyl MK2 - Black 15

I know i will need Rca's but is there anything i am missing or will need?? do you now of any better other products for the same price. Any feedback would be immensely appreciated. I only want one time code by the way. would this all work in unison??

you pretty much have it covered... however you are going to need needle/cartridge i would recommend the shure m44-7s. are you doing one or two turntables?

ps how much are spending total on your setup? are you only djin in the home? you might want to look at a midi controller instead (mixtrack pro is simple)... it would be an all in one solution, smaller and cheaper... just depends on what you are trying to do.

Last edited:
you pretty much have it covered... however you are going to need needle/cartridge i would recommend the shure m44-7s. are you doing one or two turntables?

ps how much are spending total on your setup? are you only djin in the home? you might want to look at a midi controller instead (mixtrack pro is simple)... it would be an all in one solution, smaller and cheaper... just depends on what you are trying to do.

Indeed a USB DJ Controller seems to be the most convenient and cost effective way to mix music. The Mixtrack Pro is compatible with Traktor, Virtual DJ and other main DJ softwares too. It has the 'soundcard' built in, so you dont need to buy anything extra, just the RCA's as you said.

Do you want to mix off a turntable specifically for the feel etc?

Back