Beenieman - Opinions

S

silkydark

Is Beenieman:

A rightful respected artist
blatant infringment of copyright or original lyracist
a serious entertainer
deserves aplace in the Dancehall hall of fame

all of the above/ none of the above? any?

I was just thinking about posting this same question. I feel Beenie is a pirate/ theif. Started back in 93 when he try to sound like Bounty Killa and start the war. His best years were from 93 to 97, after that he just start putting out garbage, singing over verses of RnB songs, changing up the words to make it his, but it is still steeling. Check out the last part of "Who am I - Zim Zimma).

The worst part of it is that Beenie is probably the most naturally gifted of all the DJ's in the last 15 yrs, but he isn't living up to his potential. Trying too hard to cross over and in the process, he is loosing his Jamaican fan base and still hasn't gain the American or Pop fan base he is trying to get. Beenie man has been a big dissapointment to Dancehall lateley. He need to comeback with some original Dancehall tunes like "Old Dog, Slam ....

Bounty is still my bwoy!

He's the Doctor, nuff said.

How you rate Bounti over Beenie when he had to resort to singin girl tunes because he was getting MURDERED in lyrical battles. Even his proteges are better than him.

U can't b serious. The only thin Beenie have over bounty is the stage presence and even with that, he always gwan with too much f*ckery, with his "Woh na na na" bull ****. Don't get me wrong, Beenie was good back in 94, 95 and 96, but lately he just keep putting out garbage.

Which protege are u talking about. Vybez have a little ways to go to even compare and Elephant is not his protege. They start the Scare DeM Crew together. Lyrically, Ele can't compare.

I don't really consider Beenia a Lyracist these days but I still have mad respect for him.

Beenie's title is 'entertainer'

He does it so well - you can't take that away from him.

He is the dancehall's Frank Sinatra - di girls dem sugar

i would argue that "girls dem sugar remix" collabo with beenie and mya has the sweetest vibe of any dancehall choon i can think of (and not just because it's a neptunes production)
seen?

-natural selection

Yo Natural Selection

No dis-respect. I don't know where you are, but if you actually like that remix, I guess you don't hear alot of reggae where you are. That song was one of the worse peice of sh*t that the neptunes and Beenie come out with and we all know Beenie put out a lot of songs, alot of which he should've kept to himself.

I HATE THAT DAMN SONG SO MUCH.

The original on the Punani riddim is Reggae Dancehall, good reggae dancehall, the remix is RnB, ****ty RnB. Check out WWW.shoutcast.com or log on to Fame FM in jamaica to hear some real reggae. You can also log on to IrieFm in Jamaica, but you have to pay for it. I am assuming you are not a Yardie. Sorry if I'm wrong.

Beenie need to stop trying so hard to cross over and go back to making originall Dancehall Tunes.

you are definitely a purist boomshak, and as you can tell, i am not (although i respeck you point of view, big ups)
i just listen to music, and although i listen to lots of dancehall, i do admit that the crossover tracks catch my ear more easily than straight up riddims (although i really dislike some new stuff like that beyonce and sean paul collabo, etc)

what i really liked where the ruff remixes that came out in the 90's where artists would collab with wu tang, jeru, method man, etc. (but am not saying that dancehall isn't a strong form of music on its own)

-natural selection

Beenie is one of the best in my opinion- he had good songs on the masterpiece and escalade riddims this year and on the buzz 2 years ago, his djaying is pretty good or just very stupid (my dickie dickie)**

I didnt like raggae until I heard beenieman
ANY INFO ON RAGGAE JAM PLEASE!!!!!(LYRICS, ANYTHING)
E-mail me Phuff543@comcast.net

Do you wanna miss
do you wanna miss
Ill restart up a brand new relationship

Beenie is hardcore
but the man really needs to take a reality check and remember
where he came from, who made him famous and what he does best.......
because it aint f*@Cin HIP HOP and it aint writing lyrics

I'd really like the man to write or come out with one original tune or at least one that i can't find the origins of.

I like the results of what he does but please.....JUST ONE TUNE

I think Beenie had the potential to be a great Dj. However he just can't seem to get past a certain level in his career. I had the opportunity to meet and chat wid him a while back. He is a good youth (IMO), at one time he appeared to be preparing to launch a serious effort @ becoming a household name. I wonder what happend to that?? He's a good lyrists and has a nice stage show. He could be great someday if he leaves the PASSA PASSA alone and stop follow other artists....:confused:

beenie is 50/50 to me
probably why this is a good thread question

wicked when he counteract cecile
but out of key often when he sing (like vegas)

Back