Beatmaker from Paris. Needs advices and feedbacks :)

SamuelDray

Hi !
I wanna have some feedbacks of two songs,and more if you can (on my soundcloud),be honest please and argue your comments even if you say that is not good :)

Thank you,I will appreciate :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked goodnight more than weird and proud. I don't know what vibe you were trying to deliver in the latter but it got to repetitive for my liking but the former is great in most if not all aspects. It's good a nice downtempo feel to it.

Yeah I definitely agree with this. Also for goodnight or when you do something like that again maybe make the hat's flow just a bit more, those spastic and occasional hits sound awesome every once in a while but some nice flow would definitely do a track well.

If you get a chance, check out my page, specifically Byrd Flow
www(dot)soundcloud(dot)com/mikeeaze

I think the first track's nice and had a lot of potential. The intro could use a discreet pad to make it more full I think. My criticism would be mainly on the mixing part, I feel like there's too much low-end on that pad, I think a gentle lowpass would do wonders. Nice work on the vocals btw, I have no idea how you did that effect but it sounds good, it sounds a bit off compared to the synths but it works well here.
For the second track I would say, use 2 samples. The one you used is good but gets annoying. If you switch it up with another sample (without the vocals), I think it would work much better. Also I feel like a fatter kick would work better. I liked the first track better, this one not so much. I think it's mainly because it's a 4bar sample and 4 bar chord progression, change that to 8 bars with a few changes here and there to keep it interesting and that'll do wonders for you.

Not really my cup of tea..the vox sample annoyed me. Try to add few more things like strings, piano, pads etc etc.

Goodnight is perfect in my opinion. Weird and proud however is very repetitive which makes it sounds like a loop being cut off then played over and over again.
I can see the vibe you were going for though and I think with some adjustments (like maybe including random samples), it can be a potentially good track.

Back