Beat based on a chopin nocturn [f4f]

thesoundgrove

i had a lot of fun performing this live. I am not sure how to go about arranging it for release (probably shortened to 3 minutes or so), also any tips on mastering are appreciated. I do want the bass to sound ridiculous.
Please post a link to the post or sound that you would like me to respond to. thank you.

Last edited:
Good beat at 1:15 and 4:10
What do you use ?

You don't have played the 2:02 part live right ? haha

This is really great feedback, usually choirs sound cheasy but im gonna try to make it work. im going to listen to your mix tape at work and get back to you this afternoon.

Like someone earlier posted, the choir is a nice touch and sounds really great. The organ (if that's what it is) seems too loud at times (around 1:10). The drums sound OK to me, a bit on the underpowered side. I like the sound of the bass drum. Punchy. The keys around 2:00 are also a nice touch, though they also sound to loud and overwhelming. The synth is all over the place and kind of detracts from the sound of the beat. Take my suggestions with a grain of salt, because I primarily focus on hip-hop.

When you get a chance, check out my beat tape and let me know what you think:
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...dback/new-beat-tape-coffee-cigarettes-459320/

this really needs a mix job, sounds pretty dull, as well as the 808 is very over compressed, snare drum just doesn't fit this track. the organ is very different.. i can't tell if that piano it 2:00 is a joke or what..

anyways man keep working on your mix and composition.

I think some EQing would be needed. I also heard some sounds that weren't really in time with one another. Like stated, some of the piano plays might be too much and it would be great if there was more of a progression throughout your track. (more change in sounds and melodies) But that's all just personal! There are some good parts, just gotta take out those that aren't necessary and at the same time, it will reduce you track's length considerably. (which ain't always bad)
Anyways, keep at it! Try to make your own sounds if you can
't find some you want and just play around!
Cheers and thanks for your feedback on my thread!

i had a lot of fun performing this live. I am not sure how to go about arranging it for release (probably shortened to 3 minutes or so), also any tips on mastering are appreciated. I do want the bass to sound ridiculous.
Please post a link to the post or sound that you would like me to respond to. thank you.

The first drums aren't really for me, but I love the main melody and the sounds you used. Real nice. Love when the 2nd drums come in. Good work!

Can you do me a favor & check out my submission for Pusha T's producer contest? Any feedback will be helpful & if you can favorite the track that would be great, thanks!

Legitmix

Thank you everyone for your advice i will make sure to return all your feedback after i am off work. I am super excited to put the suggestions to use (hopefully tonight) and I hope you will comment on the second revision.

done

cool i Favorited your track good luck with the competition!
The first drums aren't really for me, but I love the main melody and the sounds you used. Real nice. Love when the 2nd drums come in. Good work!

Can you do me a favor & check out my submission for Pusha T's producer contest? Any feedback will be helpful & if you can favorite the track that would be great, thanks!

Legitmix

I think some EQing would be needed. I also heard some sounds that weren't really in time with one another. Like stated, some of the piano plays might be too much and it would be great if there was more of a progression throughout your track. (more change in sounds and melodies) But that's all just personal! There are some good parts, just gotta take out those that aren't necessary and at the same time, it will reduce you track's length considerably. (which ain't always bad)
Anyways, keep at it! Try to make your own sounds if you can
't find some you want and just play around!
Cheers and thanks for your feedback on my thread!

Hi Kosius, thank you for the feedback. it will be considerably shorter for sure. I have a lot of experience creating synths in various software but Im not sure i want to add to much to this maybe just clean it up take stuff away and make it sound better. enjoyed your track a second time.

Last edited:
well kinda a joke... like Halloween is kinda a cheasy holiday.
this really needs a mix job, sounds pretty dull, as well as the 808 is very over compressed, snare drum just doesn't fit this track. the organ is very different.. i can't tell if that piano it 2:00 is a joke or what..

anyways man keep working on your mix and composition.

i think you should side chain the kick to the bass so the bass and kick wont compete for space in the low end

crazy those piano sound like something kanye west would do. also i love the several atmospheres here. very gloomy then very bright and 64-bit.

Back