Battle of The Minds

Rod Martinez

I have a two folded question here:

Is Lil Wayne a better lyricist than Biggie Smalls? Both in their Prime. Taken into account their wordplay and delivery and the way they flow with their rhymes.

#2 Could there ever be a MC(meaning of
Lyrical capacity) that could prehaps be better than Biggie. (Judging from what we have from him recorded not a bias on his legendary status because of his passing)
lyrica.

Question #1
One has a teen voice, acts like a teen, and is around 30 years old....the other rapped with much more maturity at a younger age. One is less catered to grown men and more catered future drug addict.....the other had people of all ages feeling his music.

Question 2.
There were rappers better than Biggie while he was alive. But Biggie was more of a "people's champ" type rapper than those MCs. But it's also kind of unfair for anybody to answer that question....because then it becomes biased based on Biggie's grab on the streets and commercial radio success.....which then people would compare to whoever. Biggies voice and confidence on the mic wins his lyrical ability over. Big Pun wins over Biggie lyrically....but Biggies character wins over all which makes his lyrical ability seem ahead of the rest.

I "WOULD" take Twista over anybody...........by a long shot. He just doesn't have the mind and heart of being the greatest.....or don't have people around pushing and guiding him enough to be where he should be.

I WOULD give Immortal Technique the credit he deserves.....but his name sounds like a failure....just being honest with my opinion. He change his name.....he will see the success he deserve. But as long as I visualize some kind of barbarian type rapper when I see his name..............

I WOULD say Kool G Rap is the greatest of all time......but the beats he be on on his albums doesn't push him to a level of recognition.

I WOULD say Eminem is the greatest of all times.......but his "best" wordplay stuff is a childish mix of words.....he has enough songs like this to label him more of a comedian rapper. So.....a comedian rapper is considered the greatest? Just my opinion.

I WOULD say Lil Wayne is great.....but he has a peter pan syndrome.

I will say that the greatest rappers dead or alive are the ones who never made it yet. I'm serious when I say that writing words on apiece of paper is easy. Putting a likable persona to those words is the thing that makes a person great. Finding the right performance voice is the thing that makes a person great. The right types of beats can elevate people to where they should be. People need to use their head and find themselves. Quit bullshitting and think wisely about where they want to be instead of worrying more about getting their foot in the door.

Was Ether really that lyrical? Was it a bias? Was the wordplay that great? OR WAS IT THE PERFECT FLOW OVER THE PERFECT BEAT? It made you listen over and over......to a point you know the words.

I can find 100,000 songs and freestyles that are way more lyrical. With that said......I think people put too much emphasis on "lyrics"...."words".....not enough on having enough control over words to keep listeners coming back for more. Because anybody can "write" some dope ass inspired type lyrics.....but can you record them to it perfection? Dudes be writing some of the dopest stuff we ain't never heard.....but they perform them like a rooty poot. They have been writing silently for years and that mic in the booth have them sound like a pussy....but the wordplay and the lyrics mean business. So that is why he can agree that Biggie is great. I wouldn't say because of his wordplay at all....or his lyrics....but his personality, the GREAT USE OF WORDS. See another rapper could say "your heartbeat sounds like sasquatch feet".......Biggie said it...I felt it. These other rappers don't have that type of control over words...or sound like a little pussy when they say their little tough bars. It is what made LL great....not his wordplay but his choice of words and how he said them. These guys speak like that in person also. You see these interviews of rappers and they can barely speak any language......but on the mic with that piece of paper...they the wisest MFers in the world.........yeah...that right there. Biggie would probably tell you your heartbeat sound like sasquatch feet without it being a rap line....just out in the street somewhere.......hope you getting the picture.

lmao.....2Chainz...

Busta'll show yall youngin's how a rapper suppose to sound. Yall need to quit being fascinated about rappers with weak voices but plenty of words to make rhyme.....shit is pathetic. One day yall will have a true MC..........but stop it.......quit hypin up people who are not worthy.

Last edited:
Back