Automatically align played notes from your midi controller to fit your piano roll?

twranks

Hey folks,
So, I finally took the advice of my friends to make myself look more like a "professional producer" and buy some attractive production gear as opposed to producing with just my laptop and headphones. Still not sure if that was a good move.

Anyway, I bought this "Yamaha axiom-49 keys" midi controller and, like I feared, I have no clue how to use it. My biggest issue with the controller is that whenever I play a melody on the controller, it never seems to be on beat- no matter how I edit my buffer speed.

I'm wondering if there is a way to automatically align the notes played from your midi controller to be on beat- or at the very least, fit to the cells on the piano roll. My DAW is FL STUDIO. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks :)

Come across that issue often when input quantize is set to grid settings and not off in reason/s1.
But that sounds like you're lookin for an input quantize setting, not sure if fl does that but since it's one of those midi oriented daws it should've a feature like that.

Not sure, but I'm curious to find out as well. You may have to just practice playing on beat. :P Metronoms help, or just count in your head. 1,2,3,4 - 2,2,3,4, - 3,2,3,4 etc for whatever the time is.

Last edited:
Wait a minute you never did specify whether you used asio or an audio interface.
That's basically necessary asio4all or dedicated asiobox.

Back