Attn All Producers!!! Callin All Producers!!

R

raw_tunes

Whats the recipe for making a HOT beat?? Can anyone help??

$tr8 up said:
practice...........................practice.......................and more.........
practice
and patience patience and patience and more patience i cant say that enuff.. u cant not rush stuff. Sometimes it will come fast to u as far as ideas and thats great but dont rush it out let it come natural

Last edited:
yea sometimes u may think u'll neva get better but the more u do
it i gurantee u will progress...and always keep ur ear out 4 diff
kinds of music! becauze no one likes a producer dats narrow minded....

I find it helpful and also inspiring to really analyze a beat that I like, and pick up on the drum pattern and the general sound production. Also compressor effects can potentionally make your beat sound fuller. I personally also think that sampled and chopped beats often sound way cooler than beats made with a synthesized drum machne.

raw_tunes said:
Whats the recipe for making a HOT beat?? Can anyone help??
LOL!

2 recipes in my opinion.

1. Copy what's already hot on the radio like most.
2. Listen to a lot of music and allow yourself to be influenced by tunes you like, while at the same time, creating your own sound.

From there, follow the rest of the advice in the thread. Learn your tools and use your talent.

first you need a blunt wrap and then find a close friend that sells good weed and wont rip you off. roll the weed. smoke the weed. bang your head on the keyboard and you got yourself a tight beat. oh and like 5 years to practice.

Forbidden_Silence said:
Holy crap! I don't make hip hop beats, but man, after reading that article I made the best beat ever! And I didn't even have to open FL! :D

Yeah, it walks you through the process step by step... by the time you finish the article, you have total hotness right there in front of you!

1. Knowledge - Get books on music theory, composing, orchestration and mixing. Also try to remake beats on the radio to learn the techniques they use.

2. Experience - Make a lot of beats and you will get better

3. Experimenting - Try new things

Come on you guys.... stop with all the bull$hit
All he needs is the beet maker vst and its a wrap!!!

a technique for making beats ?

well you know drumsynth (freeware program) i've found to make some decent drum sounds with.... maybe not necessarily top 40 type beats.... but exotic/fresh/unchartered type sounds that are nothing short of unique.....and could be what you need.

you may find this program by clicking the URL below:

http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/programs/DrumSynth/

enjoy!

Back