Attention Piano Players

LeviathanMusic

I just created this Etude, and I am still unable to play it fully. First of all, I want to know what I could do to make this MIDI piano sound more real. I think it sounds alright. Secondly, I really want to see a good pianist play this song so I'm including a link to the sheet music as well. If you take the time to learn it please post a video here.
Here's the audio

Here's the PDF
https://www.dropbox.com/s/aybud9d9gim5twj/Once You Go Black (Keys) copy.pdf
I hope to receive good mixing advice and perhaps a video of someone playing this ^.^ Thanks

Oh shit that's a nice etude! Honestly i doubt any piano players on here will be unable to play this, I sure as hell can't, especially that last section seems hellishly hard to play lol.

for MIDI programming advice, always program pianos off the grid, non quantized and vary velocities a lot. Other than that you can also try buying a proper sample library, like something for Kontakt.

Thanks man

Oh shit that's a nice etude! Honestly i doubt any piano players on here will be unable to play this, I sure as hell can't, especially that last section seems hellishly hard to play lol.

for MIDI programming advice, always program pianos off the grid, non quantized and vary velocities a lot. Other than that you can also try buying a proper sample library, like something for Kontakt.

Thanks man. I'm thinking I'm going to slow it down like 8-12 bpm and extend the composition a bit. Maybe remove some of the unproperly resolved dissonances. Overall this etude was designed to challenge the skill of talented pianists and emphasize the triplet rhythm, fluttering octaves in the right hand, and contrary movement in both hands with the use of arpeggios. I'm still working on learning this but I have a high need for challenging my self.

Back