Assigning drums to a MPC2000??

M

M.W.P.

Hey FP.

I just bought my first MPC and I was wondering what's the easiest and quickest way to get some drums on the machine?

I'm workin' wit the Akai MPC2000.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Do you mean what's (a.)the fastest way to load them to your mpc or (b.)the fastest way to get some samples?

(a.)
You got the classic or xl? You could install a memory card slot to the xl (if you don't have on already) and there are some solutions for the classic too.

You can make the sound loading process faster by creating programs on your computer and loading all the sounds to your mpc by loading that program. You can create programs on your computer with MPCEditor.

(b.)
Hit the
7212record-crates.jpg

Or google some free kits or buy some.

I got the drums, just the fastest way to get 'em on the MPC.

I got the Classic. Not XL.

I got the drums on my computer, but how do i transfer them from there onto the MPC?

If you don't have the scsi expansion and are working with the zip disks, you alway can record the samples to your mpc.

If you are using the built in interface, you probably can put a 1/8 inch stereo jack to an audio out or a headphones out or something The other end of it need to be two mono 1/4" jacks which you will hook to your mpc's record ins. Go to sample (shift +4) and start recording.

There are some usb zip drives too, so you could transfers the sounds from your computer to a zip disk and load them from that. Search them on ebay or something.

make sure all of your drums are in 16 bit 44.1 format if your pc has a floppy slot still u can format the floppy on the mpc and then insert the disk to your pc and load the sounds to disk that way. the MPC 2000 reads wav files and windows XP will read the mpc 2000 disks.

Back