ASIO vs Windows Audio

H

HiQue

I'm trying to get ASIO to work on my computer (Win 7) but I'm getting the MS GS Wavetable Synth problem.

I tried stopping Windows Audio, that worked and I can use ASIO in FL.
But then I opened Windows Media Player, and nothing will play.

("Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.")

So I'm kinda at a loss here. I started Win Audio again but it still won't play, and tbh I want to be able to use ASIO.

Anyone able to point me in the right direction ?

What is your soundcard??????

Better answer when we know this - not all solutions work equally well

if FL is running while using ASIO drivers, and you try to play a music file on your computer outside of FL, then it wont play unless you close FL then play the file. Well thats what would happen to me when i us to use FL.

I had a similar problem on my last computer. When I was using ASIO, I couldn't get any sound except for my DAW. All other audio wouldn't play. I never solved it on that laptop, but it doesn't happen on my new system, for whatever reason.

Now I have a Dell XPS. I think the issue I had with the ASIO on my other comp had something to do with my USB Audiobox. If I would disconnect it after a session, the audio driver would not change back over to Windows Audio. Not only that, but the Control Panel for the sound settings would crash if I tired to get in there to change it manually. Sucked having to restart the whole system just to watch some Youtube.

Back