AS an artist, do you feel diffrent from other people?

TzToppDogg

Do you feel diffrent from other people when you make beats or write lyrics? Like you see the world with a diffrent view. I do. I look my facebook friendships and I dont share the same music taste as they. Im the only one banging trap music and walk with a constant "focused" mentallity. Sometimes I get at little depressed because of it, and then usually write lyrics and it makes me feel better.

Otherwise I bang rap music loud in my speakers

So do you also feel diffrent from the casual man/woman?

Idk honestly I think it comes down to dedication.I have shown my good friends how I make stuff like step by step and yet they don't sound as good as what I do.It is the little things that normal people don't hear that separate the good from the great imo. I just really have a passion for this stuff.When im not in the lab my head is always in a book,video, or talking to some one on how to get better.I am far from great,but I feel that this hidden passion is what drives me.I use music as an outlet to blow off steam.many people don't even know I make music a lot of people get into this industry for the wrong reason imo.I really want a placement from a top artist,but not for the money I just want my stuff heard.

In this world you are either Batman or the Joker...mind you.. both are grown ass men who prowl the night in mask and costume.

But dont you ever feel depressed sometimes? Like the passion for music and how its supposed to be is diffrent from everyone else. For example, you talk about music, but they only listen to mainstream artists, and cant talk about anything else. They dont want to listen to your music to parties or when you go to the club, they put on the same type of artists, and you dont listen to any of that.

Dont you feel seperated from others? I do, very often actually.

alot of people i know listen to underground artists too now.
college students seem to know.
a guy i work with told me how his brother in college tells him about the up and comming artists from the underground.
i guess it depends on the people you hang with.

Yes, it's just a part of being an individual. Keep doing what you do. Don't follow the heard; they're headed straight for the cliff.

I feel different from other "artists" that don't take this shit seriously as I do.. people well lets say i'm bumping music with a bunch of friends.. their listening for enjoyment... I'll be listening and listening to the synths where the producer is going to go next with the beat.. where the drums come in and where it comes out.. the melody etc.. I'll tell them to be quiet or something right quick... so from that point of view.. yea def differently..

No offense, but if you "feel different" than others and have nothing to show for it, you're probably just arrogant and pompous.

I've done alot more than most "producers" and "musicians" I know, don't think I'm above them, lo9ts of them are better than me, just don't get the opportunities I got. And I have ran into others who have plaques and grammies who I see no different from myself or anyone else I encounter, they're in no way above any of us. We're all just guys making music.

We're not above fans by far, if anything they're the ones determining the quality of our music, therefore, we serve them.

That's like the guy in McDonald's thinking he's better than the guy buying the burger because he made the food.

Just my thoughts.

I respect everyone's given talent, but me being able to mix a song or make a beat puts me no further ahead of a guy who knows nothing about music, but can whistle and make a bird fly to his arm, or a guy who's really good at video games. Everyone on earth has tome type of phenominal trait to separate them, that's why it's a normal thing that EVERYONE posesses.

thats some wisdom right there^^^ grown man talk. lol its the truth too... nobody is any better than anyone else. If you think you are youre lying to yourself and your closing out some of your psyche. When i realized i was no better than anyone else it made me go ham. im 29 though...i been around for some years.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't use Facebook, this should tell you enough...lol

When I meet people and they say add me on facebook and I tell them I ain't on it they start interrogatin me, weird ass world we live in

I'm def ahead of all this shit

Last edited:
Do I feel different? Well in reality there is probably nothing that the world hasn't seen already so its not like everybody is something special unless you really go over board and try to do something weird like wear socks on your ears than you will really stand out. No the only thing I feel different about is just taking rap more serious in the lyrical sense. When I say lyrical people think lyrical means VOCABULARY. I really really really REALLY hate when people just use big words because they think it makes them lyrical especially people online like to spam big words because they think that makes me impressed or something like nobody else can look in the dictionary either lol.

Its not that other people don't take it seriously because alot of people take their music seriously what I am saying is I feel like I am of a smaller group of rappers who actually work to step their game up lyrically but at the same time being able to make music not just some crappy song with good lines. I say I feel different from most people that I know because all the rappers who I am friends with even on my FB they just write to make songs meaning club, gangsta, something to bump ect. Rarely do I come across people who take the technical side of writing more serious. To me lyrical means not vocabulary, lyrical to me means not just about metaphors, punchlines, similes but a good portion is how you are able to bend words, twist words and set up words. To me I put vocabulary like in the middle or near the end of my view of what lyrical is. Its not about sayiing a 40 letter long word its about making clever lines/ideas, looking at words like puzzles, twisting words and trying to see what you can do to make a flow or line sound special ect.

That is the only thing I feel different about, like I said the world has seen it all I am not the only one to think like this but I feel I am a very small portion who actually does it or is good at it. I'd say like 10% of rappers maybe less that you meet will be like what I just said. For every like 100 rappers I would say 1 of them is trying to do what I am doing. Then that 1 rapper out of the 100 either has a 50% change that is he actually good or not because its either yes or no. If he isn't then that just means another rapper like myself will be harder to come across.

Like I said I'm not the only one to do this the most known people who do this are people like lloyd banks, fabolous, cass, eminem, papoose, conceited, about a handfull of people. If your wondering why eminem is on there its because as the years went on I got to resepct how eminem really does twist his words in a weird way somethings in a way others don't think of and to me that is being more lyrical then just saying a big word.

I am nothing differnet people like to act like they are special or differnet, I dress the same as any other rapper baggy double xl clothing lol. The only difference is in the writing that is where people need to pay attention to. I can't stand boring ass beats which is why I never got into NAS much because I find his beats depressing and boring. If you listen to music like dipset the beats are just 100x better. Songs that put me out of a good mood, depressed or boring state is a song I hate hearing. That is why I listen to music with godly beats you can hear from a block away, I like songs that are lyrical but without sacrificing flow, attitude, and of course being able to bump the song in your whip like you are the shit.
Maybe I am different but really I hate boring beats I don't get why people even listen to nas because his beats put me to sleep. Before anyone gets on my ass about nas I never said he was bad I just said his beats are boring.

Last edited:
indeed...

but other than the ability to break down a track to a tee mentally pretty much the same as everybody else..

Last edited:
Do I feel different? Well in reality there is probably nothing that the world hasn't seen already so its not like everybody is something special unless you really go over board and try to do something weird like wear socks on your ears than you will really stand out. No the only thing I feel different about is just taking rap more serious in the lyrical sense. When I say lyrical people think lyrical means VOCABULARY. I really really really REALLY hate when people just use big words because they think it makes them lyrical especially people online like to spam big words because they think that makes me impressed or something like nobody else can look in the dictionary either lol.

Its not that other people don't take it seriously because alot of people take their music seriously what I am saying is I feel like I am of a smaller group of rappers who actually work to step their game up lyrically but at the same time being able to make music not just some crappy song with good lines. I say I feel different from most people that I know because all the rappers who I am friends with even on my FB they just write to make songs meaning club, gangsta, something to bump ect. Rarely do I come across people who take the technical side of writing more serious. To me lyrical means not vocabulary, lyrical to me means not just about metaphors, punchlines, similes but a good portion is how you are able to bend words, twist words and set up words. To me I put vocabulary like in the middle or near the end of my view of what lyrical is. Its not about sayiing a 40 letter long word its about making clever lines/ideas, looking at words like puzzles, twisting words and trying to see what you can do to make a flow or line sound special ect.

That is the only thing I feel different about, like I said the world has seen it all I am not the only one to think like this but I feel I am a very small portion who actually does it or is good at it. I'd say like 10% of rappers maybe less that you meet will be like what I just said. For every like 100 rappers I would say 1 of them is trying to do what I am doing. Then that 1 rapper out of the 100 either has a 50% change that is he actually good or not because its either yes or no. If he isn't then that just means another rapper like myself will be harder to come across.

Like I said I'm not the only one to do this the most known people who do this are people like lloyd banks, fabolous, cass, eminem, papoose, conceited, about a handfull of people. If your wondering why eminem is on there its because as the years went on I got to resepct how eminem really does twist his words in a weird way somethings in a way others don't think of and to me that is being more lyrical then just saying a big word.

I am nothing differnet people like to act like they are special or differnet, I dress the same as any other rapper baggy double xl clothing lol. The only difference is in the writing that is where people need to pay attention to. I can't stand boring ass beats which is why I never got into NAS much because I find his beats depressing and boring. If you listen to music like dipset the beats are just 100x better. Songs that put me out of a good mood, depressed or boring state is a song I hate hearing. That is why I listen to music with godly beats you can hear from a block away, I like songs that are lyrical but without sacrificing flow, attitude, and of course being able to bump the song in your whip like you are the shit.
Maybe I am different but really I hate boring beats I don't get why people even listen to nas because his beats put me to sleep. Before anyone gets on my ass about nas I never said he was bad I just said his beats are boring.

stop posting man.
all the posts i seen from you have been books.
rice has long posts alot too, but his shits be entertaining.

I'm don't use Facebook, this should tell you enough...lol

When I meet people and they say add me on facebook and I tell them I ain't on it they start interrogatin me, weird ass world we live in

I'm def ahead of all this shit

I don't have a Facebook account either. People be looking at me like I'm an ex-con or crackhead or something. I just don't care about catching up with old friends like that. And any old girl I messed around with might as well be dead.

People don't be talking about nothing when I see them anyway so why would I waste time chatting on a computer with them? I guess if I cared about people more, I would have an account. But I don't care so eff it.

But dont you ever feel depressed sometimes? Like the passion for music and how its supposed to be is diffrent from everyone else. For example, you talk about music, but they only listen to mainstream artists, and cant talk about anything else. They dont want to listen to your music to parties or when you go to the club, they put on the same type of artists, and you dont listen to any of that.

Dont you feel seperated from others? I do, very often actually.

Nope. The key is to understand people..you'll get nowhere being a selfish artist. Your likes are your likes, keep that shyt to yourself. The job of a producer is to synthesize all that mania into a product that the customer will buy. Producers understand music on a subatomic-mathematical level...the casual listener could care less...give them the finished product and keep it moving.

You expect me to stop posting because you said so are you my dad? Maybe? I'm sorry that I take my work seriously and sorry that I can't get a point across in one sentence but if you don't want to read a book I never told you to read my novel. I don't want to hear about the rice noob either.

I think the dudes that run around always talking about how different they are from everyone else are cornballs. There are always gonna be more similarities between people than there are differences.

It's funny when I see folks in the same lane always bragging about how good are or how much they know in an attempt to separate themselves from the pack, but as I observe them over time I realize that I probably know more than they do, and am more skilled than they are. I don't talk about it but admit that I do take a little bit of quiet pride in that considering how critical of my own work I can be. I always think back to FP when that thought enters my head

Back