Arturia Mini V question

I like the bass preset named "Basement", and it sounds good with long notes but when I play really short staccato notes it doesn't finish its pitch arc properly and sounds slightly out of tune (still the same correct note, just slightly off). I've tried altering the tune and voice detune settings to 0, gliding, etc but it's not that that's causing this. Does anyone know which settings to alter so you can play a long note and then an incredibly short note without the pitch being altered? (So the cents stay consistent at 0).

Audio sample: https://sndup.net/ds5s/

(The last really short note before the audio clip ends is more out of tune than the others).

Have been told that the filter envelope and a bit of resonance creates the pitch bend type sound because the resonant spike is practically just a sine wave moving downwards, the shorter the note the less time it will have to do the full sweep and end up at the lowest cutoff point of the filter.

Thanks for your time

Last edited:
Hey as an owner of an Arturia Keylab I have experienced this issue before. Here are 4 things that worked for me:
1. Lower your latency. A high latency means delayed notes and that usually causes notes to play "incorrectly" or not play at all.
2. Use a sustain pedal or increase your sustain, sustain extends notes to connect them with others, this may help when playing staccato on this kind of preset.
3. Use a reverb plugin, a good free reverb plugin is ValhallaSupermassive (If youre using Analog Lab V, use it as a VST in a DAW to add plugins)
4. Lower your compressors/noise gates threshold and attack.

Hey as an owner of an Arturia Keylab I have experienced this issue before. Here are 4 things that worked for me:
1. Lower your latency. A high latency means delayed notes and that usually causes notes to play "incorrectly" or not play at all.
2. Use a sustain pedal or increase your sustain, sustain extends notes to connect them with others, this may help when playing staccato on this kind of preset.
3. Use a reverb plugin, a good free reverb plugin is ValhallaSupermassive (If youre using Analog Lab V, use it as a VST in a DAW to add plugins)
4. Lower your compressors/noise gates threshold and attack.
Thanks so much, will test these out one by one and then in conjunction with each other. Appreciate the in depth help, if you have any tracks feel free to post them or link a thread. :)

Back