arsenio cancelled

It's easy to be an armchair quarterback. It's a whole lot harder finding financial backing and venture capitalists to bring those ideas to fruition.

The same folks that brought his now cancelled show to fruition.

I said it was gonna fail as soon as I heard he was back, for the exact reasons that I stated.

The same folks that brought his now cancelled show to fruition.

I said it was gonna fail as soon as I heard he was back, for the exact reasons that I stated.

That's no reason to gloat. Anyone knows that success and failure go hand in hand. Now when you can use that intelligence of yours to get someone to invest in your ideas, then you can stick your chest out. Everyone has ideas. The real issue is can you execute those ideas. I think you're very intelligent but until you can get some corporate backing, your just blowing smoke(educated intelligent well versed smoke) like everyone else on here.

Last edited:
That's no reason to gloat. Anyone knows that success and failure go hand in hand. Now when you can use that intelligence of yours to get someone to invest in your ideas, then you can stick your chest out. Everyone has ideas. The real issue is can you execute those ideas. I think you're very intelligent but until you can get some corporate backing, your just blowing smoke(educated intelligent well versed smoke) like everyone else on here.

Not really sure why your'e coming off all butt hurt, like you lost money on Arsenio.

Nobody's gloating. I thought we were having a discussion.

Arsenio has proven that he has the backing. Hell, he could produce the interview / performance in the style that BBC does all the time...those Live, In Studio performances.

Doesn't take a huge team to put on a well produced internet show.

We aren't talking an hour show, 5 times a week for 40 weeks a year.

We're talking 15 minutes, once a week. 10 minute interview, and a 5 minute performance

Reminds me of a DJ Quik Lyric....

"So I put on my game face, went back to the same place,
Only to realize that y'all ain't got the same tastes..."

-- 50 Wayz

yeah that would work....... thats what the breakfast club does and they are doing well enough...... probably do better if they actually had a partnership with youtube...... but again youtube is funny like that with who they select.. smh but I heard yahoo.com trying to do something like youtube and are offering people good money to leave youtube and join they network

Not really sure why your'e coming off all butt hurt, like you lost money on Arsenio.

Nobody's gloating. I thought we were having a discussion.

Arsenio has proven that he has the backing. Hell, he could produce the interview / performance in the style that BBC does all the time...those Live, In Studio performances.

Doesn't take a huge team to put on a well produced internet show.

We aren't talking an hour show, 5 times a week for 40 weeks a year.

We're talking 15 minutes, once a week. 10 minute interview, and a 5 minute performance

Reminds me of a DJ Quik Lyric....

"So I put on my game face, went back to the same place,
Only to realize that y'all ain't got the same tastes..."

-- 50 Wayz

Honestly speaking I think you're capable of doing big things . I really thought by now you would have wooed a few Corporate execs and entered some type of partnership/business agreement by now. Call it wishful thinking . I may have been unrealistic in thinking this but I thought you could make your mark in some capacity in the business world. I thought you'd be discussing the deals and agreements you signed rather than talking about where Arsenio went wrong.That's all. I took it as gloating when you said someone should start paying you for your ideas. I agree; Corporate America. I thought Corporate America would have recognized your talents by now and have been paying you for your services and/or products. That's why I said ideas are nothing if they're not executed.

Last edited:
Honestly speaking I think you're capable of doing big things . I really thought by now you would have wooed a few Corporate execs and entered some type of partnership/business agreement by now. Call it wishful thinking . I may have been unrealistic in thinking this but I thought you could make your mark in some capacity in the business world. I thought you'd be discussing the deals and agreements you signed rather than talking about where Arsenio went wrong.That's all. I took it as gloating when you said someone should start paying you for your ideas. I agree; Corporate America. I thought Corporate America would have recognized your talents by now and have been paying you for your services and/or products. That's why I said ideas are nothing if they're not executed.

You're right...ideas are nothing unless they are executed properly.

And someone does need to start paying me for my ideas. Because I have a unique insight into both people as well as business, and the ability to see things that are coming.

I'm a visionary.

Call that gloating if you like. I'm calling it recognizing my strengths.

And corporate isn't where I'm going just yet. I did my thing in the corporate world. Climbed up the ladder, made hundreds of thousands of dollars, and most importantly, learned the ropes.

Now I'm out on my own, and I'm putting all those grand ideas and theories to work, in real world settings.

It's coming. I'm in the final stages of building. The final pieces are moving into place.

But rest assured...it's coming.

Cuz as you said, ideas are nothing if they aren't executed.

:cheers:

You're right...ideas are nothing unless they are executed properly.

And someone does need to start paying me for my ideas. Because I have a unique insight into both people as well as business, and the ability to see things that are coming.

I'm a visionary.

Call that gloating if you like. I'm calling it recognizing my strengths.

And corporate isn't where I'm going just yet. I did my thing in the corporate world. Climbed up the ladder, made hundreds of thousands of dollars, and most importantly, learned the ropes.

Now I'm out on my own, and I'm putting all those grand ideas and theories to work, in real world settings.

It's coming. I'm in the final stages of building. The final pieces are moving into place.

But rest assured...it's coming.

Cuz as you said, ideas are nothing if they aren't executed.

:cheers:

Yeah I think your biggest obstacle is start up capital to get those ideas off the ground. Venture capitalists and corporations don't always have that same vision. They come in the equation after the fact in many instances and often overlook great ideas and products in their infant stages. IBM missed the opportunity to finance Bill Gates early in the early stages of his career because they didnt share his vision.

Last edited:
Yeah I think your biggest obstacle is start up capital to get those ideas off the ground. Venture capitalists and corporations don't always have that same vision. They come in the equation after the fact in many instances and often overlook great ideas and products in their infant stages. IBM missed the opportunity to finance Bill Gates early in the early stages of his career because they didnt share his vision.

I am not sure I agree with your business plan here because to be honest it is old world mentality, the same mentality that is killing Kanye and his bid to get into fashion. If you want a thing then you do a thing and you prove it has merit, the venture capitalists will seek you out once they see you putting out a product with some level of viability to it. You can whine all day about how nobody is giving you a chance but what you may want to ask instead is, "Am I making my own opportunity?"

In regards a vid channel online it is simple to get good quality production...get a video camera or a DSLR with video capabilities, some lenses, a good mic, some editing software, some lights and a couple friends willing to take the time to learn a specific aspect of production (camera man, sound man writer etc.) and you can be invested into a show pretty damned cheap. You will have to ensure that if or when it pays off that everyone has a contract that gives them rights to x amount of the profit for their hard work. Start off with a show that comes out once a month, after you get it down and generate a base of followers you move it to twice monthly, after a while you will be so quick at this you can pump out weekly or even more often and if it isn't paying most the production costs with some left over by that point then you are doing it wrong.

Used cameras are cheap, you can even use old handicams to do it though the xfer process will slow it down a bit and may sacrifice some quality, but it gets your product out there.
Lights and reflectors are dirt cheap at an average of $10 a bulb and reflectors can be built for next to nothing, the lamps themselves you can use clamp on work lamps until you get money for a better setup.
Microphones I bet you have at least a couple sitting around somewhere and you already know audio mixing at least a bit if you are on this forum.

Waiting for someone else simply ensures your ideas never make it past the idea stage, hell if I was nearby I would be willing to put my time in to make it happen as I have enough camera and editing knowledge to get the ball rolling. Quit making excuses and learn from the old school hip hop guys and punk rockers who applied a DIY ethic and made their own way until finallly the world came beating at their doors.

Back