Are KRKs really worth it? **KRK ALTERNATIVES?**

mackie had some decent entry level speakers at the market the other day for cheap as shi. most people hate on em, but i don't think they color as bad as KRKs.

i got a pair of white krk Rokit 6s....never had an issue with them as of yet

**knocks on wood**

KRK's are known to hype the bottom end especially in an untreated environment... as long as you know your monitors and your room, you can mix with any monitors... A pair of monitors everyone should have are auratones... they are AWFUL... i repeat AWFUL monitors, but if you can make a mix sound good on those it'll sound good just about anywhere...

KRK's are known to hype the bottom end especially in an untreated environment... as long as you know your monitors and your room, you can mix with any monitors... A pair of monitors everyone should have are auratones... they are AWFUL... i repeat AWFUL monitors, but if you can make a mix sound good on those it'll sound good just about anywhere...

haha, I'mma have to check that out! Thanks to everyone for replying!!

Last edited:
Personally i think krk adds extra bass

---------- Post added at 01:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 AM ----------

i think that best bet is Yamaha HS80M

How significant is the improvement between the 5's to the 6's, and the 6's to the 8's? I'm trying to figure out which is best for the money.

Krk are trash

i worked at gc and had a display with 14 diffent monitors all hooked up from same source. and would demo them.. krks are trash, when i bought my monitors i got the mackie hr8's off my friend he then went to GC and bought the Event asp8's we hooked them up and i put my mackies on ebay that day, no one bought em so i kept them, the events shitten on them.. Dont buy no halfway gear .. that gear that you could pay 150$ more and get something better.. get the yamaha 8's they knock hard for the money the best monitors beside genlecs are dynaudio bm5 they sound better then the yamaha 8's..so why pay for krks when u can get better gear for a little more. and dont get 6;s inless u get the sub.. i have the mackie 8hr mackie 6s hrmk2s and krk rp10 sub..and a mackie big knobb to play them all thew..6's are a joke waste. better to get 5's and a sub

I have the HS50's too and they rock, I also own a pair of krk 5's but one blew out on me so i sent it back for repair and they told me there was nothing wrong with it (even tho hardly any sound comes through the speaker lol) so i decided to get a pair of HS50's after hearing them at a music store and now i wish i had got them first!. By far the best monitors I've used + there no over exagerated bass.

I am however thinking about upgrading to the HS80's but we'll see :D

Last edited:
P.P.S. I'll be also playing my PS3 through these speakers, do you recommend I don't, or what?

Since no one answered this part of the OP, allow me...

DON'T DO IT! Get yourself a cheap home entertainment surround package if you want to do that... or even a set of computer speakers + sub like those Logitec ones... For a out $89 you can rock out hard. I have my Logitec 2 speaker + sub computer speakers plugged into my TV/XBox260 and it makes NBA 2K12 so much better!

Peace,

J.

I have some M-Audio monitors and honestly they sound great. A little cheaper than KRK's so they might be worth looking into

i worked at gc and had a display with 14 diffent monitors all hooked up from same source. and would demo them.. krks are trash, when i bought my monitors i got the mackie hr8's off my friend he then went to GC and bought the Event asp8's we hooked them up and i put my mackies on ebay that day, no one bought em so i kept them, the events shitten on them.. Dont buy no halfway gear .. that gear that you could pay 150$ more and get something better.. get the yamaha 8's they knock hard for the money the best monitors beside genlecs are dynaudio bm5 they sound better then the yamaha 8's..so why pay for krks when u can get better gear for a little more. and dont get 6;s inless u get the sub.. i have the mackie 8hr mackie 6s hrmk2s and krk rp10 sub..and a mackie big knobb to play them all thew..6's are a joke waste. better to get 5's and a sub

I was pretty much with you all the way till you said ....
"a mackie big knobb to play them all"
urrrggggg .

krks ooo yea i heard some in my cousins in home studio and o yea it bangs real good idk what other speakers he had but he had four. 2 krks and idk what the others where but it was black and gray. soundclick backslash PushinKEYZ check it out and let me know what you think

Since no one answered this part of the OP, allow me...

DON'T DO IT! Get yourself a cheap home entertainment surround package if you want to do that... or even a set of computer speakers + sub like those Logitec ones... For a out $89 you can rock out hard. I have my Logitec 2 speaker + sub computer speakers plugged into my TV/XBox260 and it makes NBA 2K12 so much better!

Peace,

J.

Yeah. That is basically what I have done for the time being... A year since buying these £50 pound speakers, my mixes sound pretty decent, and they are really great. I heard a friend play his beats through some Yamaha HS80Ms... My God, do I love the sound, I will definitely be investing my money in those one day, I think I'll wait it out, though, for 3-5 years till I feel like I really need them, and hopefully have the spare cash. It's not like my investment will mean I break even, at this moment. Think I'm just going to develop as a producer for the time being.

Me rocking those £50 speakers haha. Thanks to those who have replied, I hope any other producers who have the similar question, look at this for advice, there's some really good advice in this thread.

Im saving up for some now only hard good things about them???
got kams with a package i got ages ok does the job tho...
they got to be sick if peeps like ski beats rockin then

Back